new hunter

I have just got my shotgun licence and would love to rough shoot.Done it before few years back and really enjoyed it.I am not an experienced hunter and have been told finding land to shoot will be very hard.Could anyone please give me advice on what i could do to enjoy rough shooting again.Is there any sites or adverts where land to shoot is advertised?.I am also willing to join anyone on a rough shoot to gain more experience.If you can help please let me know.

Thanks.

Welcome Erk. You might forst of all join an association and get insurance. This can go a long way to persuading farmers you are safe and mean business.

A few days ago, one of the regulars on here did advertise some shooting for a day on good friday, so keep your eyes open and check the forums regularly.

Good luck and nice to have you aboard.

H

:gunsmilie:

Welcome erk - it's difficult around London (I'm North-West London on Herts border). A good local ordnance survey map and a day driving around to work out where the most likely farms are and then it's down to knocking on doors or finding numbers through typing in farm/farmer on 192.com and the area you want to shoot. get the list and phone round.

Took me a couple of months to find my first permission and then another couple to get the next - mine are arable farms where I can decoy for pigeons but also do some rough shooting for rabbits and even pheasant and partridges in season.

Good luck.

Welcome erk - it's difficult around London (I'm North-West London on Herts border). A good local ordnance survey map and a day driving around to work out where the most likely farms are and then it's down to knocking on doors or finding numbers through typing in farm/farmer on 192.com and the area you want to shoot. get the list and phone round.

Took me a couple of months to find my first permission and then another couple to get the next - mine are arable farms where I can decoy for pigeons but also do some rough shooting for rabbits and even pheasant and partridges in season.

Good luck.

Thank you all for the advice.