Airgun Forum Guidelines

ChrisJones

Hello.

My name is Chris and I'm your moderator for the duration of our journey.

Airgunning has always been my passion and I've been a member of The Hunting Life since it was first created in late 2004. In my years in the sport I've been privileged to work in and around the industry. Test it's products and use them in my pest control career. Having said that I'm far from an expert in shooting and I'm here to learn as well as share my knowledge. It's been a pleasure to moderate this forum. The posts have been great reading and I'm sure I'm not alone when I say I've learned alot in the last few years.

I've issued some Guidelines for this forum. Most of you will know these already as they're in other forums but I've compiled them here for the influx of new posters that are joining up.

DO Post stories and pictures from your day to day in the field. Hunting stories. Hunting pictures. Target practice. Paper punching. Anything like that... we want to hear from you.

DO Conduct yourself in a manner which promotes airgunning and field sports in general. We love to read your shooting stories but we insist that the quarry is respected at all times.

DO Be patient with other forum users. Not everyone is a master of keyboards. Some suffer from dyslexia, some are starting to find their way on the world wide web, others are just really eager to get going. Remember how is was when you first started? Exactly. Please be courteous.

DO Ask questions about anything you can think of, related to airgunning. Whether you're brand new to the sport, intermediate, or an old hand we all ask questions now and again. Please help us to make this an environment where that is possible.

DO Take the time to review the different airgun products you've used over the years. Got a rifle you're dying to tell us about? Pellet choice that you swear by? Anything like that and we want to hear it. Tell us. Any hunting/shooting related gear. We want to hear it all... we have thousands of visitors all wanting information and you could be providing it.

DO NOT Harass or abuse other members of the forum. Some people aren't the greatest with computers and this isn't always obvious. Some people are new to the forum and don't know how we do things. Give them the benefit of the doubt. However persistent trouble causers will be warned and crushed swiftly if the need arises. You do not have the right to be an arsehole.

DO NOT Post anything which is illegal. What you do off the forum is your business. What you post on the forum is my business and that of the moderating team. Anything that will bring us into disrepute will be removed from the forum. You are not as anonymous, as you think you are, and these forums are covertly monitored by various legal, anti, and journalistic bodies. See Guideline Number 2.

DO NOT Discuss the taking of unsuitable quarry, with air rifles. Talk of shooting foxes, or deer, are strictly off limits and will see your account deleted. Anything that will bring us into disrepute will be removed from the forum. You are not as anonymous, as you think you are, and these forums are covertly monitored by various legal, anti, and journalistic bodies. See Guideline Number 2.

DO NOT Post any rifle tuning information. None. This is our most frequently debated rule. I don't doubt for a minute that your intentions aren't the best. I don't doubt for a moment that your gunsmith skills are anything less than A1. The issue is that this advice can, and may, be taken and used to turn legal air rifles into unregistered firearms. This forum is regularly visited by our opponents and this information could be re-presented in a courtroom or a newspaper. Airgunning is under constant scrutiny and any content that can be used against us will be removed from the forum. See Guideline Number 2.

DO NOT Use Text Talk. Justice is swift and brutal. Your pleas for leniency will go unheeded. Text talk is the bane of new millennium. At The Hunting Life we support all of our rural traditions and one of these is the English Language.

DO NOT Create Racist Posts. When you signed up to join this forum you agreed to abide by it's codes of conduct. This includes derogatory comments directed at anyone based on creed, colour, and ethnicity.

• IanB unpinned this topic

Archived