Picture and videos

Guest DancesWithBoars

:good: Nice to see some clips of different country hunting techniques...

An observation of mine would be, imho, the dogs in the second clip don't seem to have very much go in them, the boars are right in front of them and they look to be disinterested... ?? wandering, not much drive in them... am I wrong or is that how you hunt ??

Guest DancesWithBoars
:good:  Nice to see some clips of different country hunting techniques...

An observation of mine would be, imho, the dogs in the second clip don't seem to have very much go in them, the boars are right in front of them and they look to be disinterested... ?? wandering, not much drive in them... am I wrong or is that how you hunt ??

Jack,

you are right but you have to consider the follow:

1) the babies were 8 months old during this game

2) The mom was hit some times by boar

Also we tried "to keep" the dogs during the game in order to avoid injury of them and they knows that the boar is dangerous. Unfortunately <_< , sometimes, especially when the dogs are much more (usually we use 12/15 or more dogs), they forget the risk and became more aggressive.

:good:  Nice to see some clips of different country hunting techniques...

Jack,

you are right but you have to consider the follow:

1) the babies were 8 months old during this game

2) The mom was hit some times by boar

Also we tried "to keep" the dogs during the game in order to avoid injury of them and they knows that the boar is dangerous. Unfortunately <_< , sometimes, especially when the dogs are much more (usually we use 12/15 or more dogs), they forget the risk and became more aggressive.

:good:

C:\Documents and Settings\matko\Desktop\10151209\PICT1513.JPG

• 3 weeks later...
Ohhh :icon_eek: those clips sorry I didn't even read the bottom of the first post.

how did it turn out? looks like they had no interest in catching those boars.

i have to agree with above dogs dont show enough drive.i brought some pig hunting books about new zealand hunters and they would have them bailing and holding by now.perhaps kiwi could help explain/write an article on how they start pups off over there what age an that seeing as pig hunting sec is slow at the moment.

Guest DancesWithBoars
Ohhh :icon_eek: those clips sorry I didn't even read the bottom of the first post.

how did it turn out? looks like they had no interest in catching those boars.

We use shotguns to kill boars, not dogs ;):D !

Last saturday 12 boars :good::D ! ASAP the pictures !

Guest thunderbelly

I thought the dogs were used to chase and corner the dogs until the hunter arrived (American/Australian style). which is why I thought those dogs showed no interest in the pigs.

Guest DancesWithBoars
I thought the dogs were used to chase and corner the dogs until the hunter arrived (American/Australian style). which is why I thought those dogs showed no interest in the pigs.

In Italy the boars traditional game is called "cacciarella".

I put an image in order to explain exactely how we hunt.

cacciarella0vh.jpg

The shooters (in italian, Poste) are the hunters who shot boars. They stand at the end of the forest keeping a distance of about 30/40 meters (about 50 yards) between theirselves.

The dogdrivers (Canai) move into the forest (were we supposed the boars are standing) in the shooters directions, in order to move the boars towards the shooters. We make also a lot of noise in order to force the boars in the right direction.

The keepers (Paratori) is usually disposed in order to avoid the boars escape through roads or any other place where is impossible (by law or other) for a shooter stand. The keepers, if the boars try to escape in the wrong direction, make a lot of noise (bangs, screaming, etc.).

This is the reason because our dogs are not a boars killer. We try to keep the dogs in order to avoid their injury. Some big boar have teeth 15 centimeters (about 5 inches) long :cry: !!!

Guest thunderbelly

Hey that's a common method of hunting Whitetailed Deer here.

I didn't mean the dogs killed the boar, I meant the dogs restrained (catch and hold) until the hunter killed the boar.

Thanks for showing me/us the way you guys hunt boar there, I wanted to go to Italy this winter and hunt boar but the chance never came up.

Guest DancesWithBoars
Hey that's a common method of hunting Whitetailed Deer here.

I didn't mean the dogs killed the boar, I meant the dogs restrained (catch and hold) until the hunter killed the boar.

Thanks for showing me/us the way you guys hunt boar there, I wanted to go to Italy this winter and hunt boar but the chance never came up.

If you come in Italy (Tuscany) during boar season (November, 1st-January, 31st) let me know !

You can join us for a game ;) !

i wouldn't feed dogs like that if they were just following hogs yapping.in fact they would not even come out of the bush!!pups of 8 months old if mine arn't flying in and catching those hogs or at least trying to get a ear in there mouth are gone

Guest DancesWithBoars
i wouldn't feed dogs like that if they were just following hogs yapping.in fact they would not even come out of the bush!!pups of 8 months old if mine arn't flying in and catching those hogs or at least trying to get a ear in there mouth are gone

Don't worry Clinton, for us the expense is ok ;) .

The same dogs (now almost 2 years old), sunday has moved to our shooters at least 20/22 boars (12 killed).

Have you ever seen 12 boars together :D:p ?