HW100 vs Theoben Rapid S-Type

I am thinking hard about buying a new air rifle. I currently use the exocet with a gas ram.

Do I go for the Rapid S-Type from Theoben or the HW100?

How many shots from one charge can you get from the HW100?

I need honest reviews please, as I'm considering shelling out £750 - £1000 the choice has to be right! :wallbash:

Regards to all

H

:gunsmilie:

I was seriosly thinking about getting the HW100k at one point, and decided to go down to the shop to have a look at this

rifle, anyway i decided it was to heavy, and they have around 90 full power shots in .22 and an estimated 75 in .177.

thurthermore i had a look at the theoben s-type and it was a great gun, but again far to heavy.

afterthat i had a breif look at the theoben mfr and simply fell in love with it.

I got the gun and now have a harris bipod and a sling.

I oppted for the mfr for its large number of shots per fill, because my full time job is a pest controller. :thumbdown:

Trust me there isn't enough pay.

its great fun though. :victory::clapper:

This wasnt written by me it was my mate.

sorry

• 4 weeks later...

Very true Ratsnatcher, I know the modern ones are lighter too, I think the Theoben is probably at least two pounds heavier...

i had the theobun for 9 weeks and hated it got the hw100s and love it i found it alot more comfortable and just as accurate if not more so only complaint is the air tank leaks ever so slowly but enough over 24hrs but i still wouldnt change it hope this has helped happy shooting lads

jim

• 3 weeks later...
Very true Ratsnatcher, I know the modern ones are lighter too, I think the Theoben is probably at least two pounds heavier...

the theoben stype is heavy compared to the mk2 as the s type as the 500cc bottle on . have you thought about theoben mfr this gun is even lighter than the mark 2 but shot count is down as it only uses a 280 cc bottle so you wouldnt get many shots if your using fac levels

great at 12fplbs

I have never picked up a Theoben let alone shot one, so am not qualified to comment on the rapids but i do own a Weihrauch HW100T in .177 calibre (the new quick-fill type) and it is just beautiful.

I chose this gun after deliberating over several rifles in the shops and reading countless reviews of several models found on the net......I dont regret my choice at all.

It has the best multishot arangement of any pcp in my opinion, and being supplied with two 14 shot mags is a nice touch. The silencer is brilliant and with heavier grain pellets, (I use penetrators but Bisley mags are equally good) it hits as hard as you could want - it's possibly the best combo for rabbits I have used.

Slap a good quality scope on top and you will love it - you get used to the weight quickly enough, I personally find it very well balanced and solid so the weight becomes secondary.

I know the rapids are known for their economy of air and high shot counts per fill, as I said i cant advise on these from experience so I'll leave that to the lads who own one.....I get 100 shots roughly per fill from the Weihrauch, I top it up from a 300 bar bottle before each session - I dont know about anyone else but I certainly havent ever bagged 100 rabbits in an afternoon!!! Its more than you need.

In summary the HW100 is smooth, powerful, well made and accurate.......I'm very very happy with it.

Edited by shenners
  • 1 month later...
I am thinking hard about buying a new air rifle. I currently use the exocet with a gas ram.

Do I go for the Rapid S-Type from Theoben or the HW100?

How many shots from one charge can you get from the HW100?

I need honest reviews please, as I'm considering shelling out £750 - £1000 the choice has to be right! :wallbash:

Regards to all

H

:gunsmilie:

I was seriosly thinking about getting the HW100k at one point, and decided to go down to the shop to have a look at this

rifle, anyway i decided it was to heavy, and they have around 90 full power shots in .22 and an estimated 75 in .177.

thurthermore i had a look at the theoben s-type and it was a great gun, but again far to heavy.

afterthat i had a breif look at the theoben mfr and simply fell in love with it.

I got the gun and now have a harris bipod and a sling.

I oppted for the mfr for its large number of shots per fill, because my full time job is a pest controller. :thumbdown:

Trust me there isn't enough pay.

its great fun though. :victory::clapper:

it was crap i sold it