Hello all!

Me and a few friends are wanting to start up a syndicate and run a rough shoot. In Northumberland.

Ideally with some small woodland/plantation areas, plenty of cover(reshes/gorse) and possibly river or pond aswell.

The ONLY problem is finding the right land that suits our needs, we have looked at three places and all were far from ideal. One was far to expensive, one was barren hill ground and the other was low ground, but similarly lacking in cover and wildlife.

Are there specific websites or organisations or magazines that we should be looking at look at to help us find somewhere?? :hmm:

Or does anyone know of anywhere suitable?

Any help will be gratefully recieved.

Edited by dogs-n-natives

Hello all!

Me and a few friends are wanting to start up a syndicate and run a rough shoot. In Northumberland.

Ideally with some small woodland/plantation areas, plenty of cover(reshes/gorse) and possibly river or pond aswell.

The ONLY problem is finding the right land that suits our needs, we have looked at three places and all were far from ideal. One was far to expensive, one was barren hill ground and the other was low ground, but similarly lacking in cover and wildlife.

Are there specific websites or organisations or magazines that we should be looking at look at to help us find somewhere?? :hmm:

Or does anyone know of anywhere suitable?

Any help will be gratefully recieved.

My advise would be to tackle from multiple angles; get word out to the farmers, write to them, ring them, spread the word at your local gun shop that you are looking and willing to pay, make sure every keeper and shot in the area knows so that wordgets out. There are no real sites dedicated to this, but it might be worth speaking to your local rep from NOBS, BASC etc

Also take a look at the web sites of some ofthe rural land agents or estate agents in your area. Do a Google search for "sporting or shooting rights" in your eare, Idid and it came up with a local firm I'd never heard of when I was in Herefordshire....

Good luck with it.

My advise would be to tackle from multiple angles; get word out to the farmers, write to them, ring them, spread the word at your local gun shop that you are looking and willing to pay, make sure every keeper and shot in the area knows so that wordgets out. There are no real sites dedicated to this, but it might be worth speaking to your local rep from NOBS, BASC etc

Also take a look at the web sites of some ofthe rural land agents or estate agents in your area. Do a Google search for "sporting or shooting rights" in your eare, Idid and it came up with a local firm I'd never heard of when I was in Herefordshire....

Good luck with it.

Thanks, good advice! I'll keep you posted on my progress :thumbs:

• 2 weeks later...

You say that a couple of places have no cover etc...ask the landowner if you can plant your own. If you get the nod, get to work and lay your own cover. There's plenty of places selling quick growing cover, like Kale, Maize, Millet etc. It's great fun being able to get your own shoot up and running and gives you added responsability. You'll learn a fair bit too. Good luck.

• 1 month later...