V-MAX

do you speak from experience?in my humble opinion it works because i could be bothered to go ahead and try it and followed the instructions given to me by a top rifle builder.

if you tried it and it didnt work then dont piss on the parade.as for removing moly from a barrel it can be done i know because i did it .and its not just a match/benchrest thing its for any one who wants to improve the accuracy of a rifle just like bedding the action or floating the barrel we can/should use all means at our disposal to make what can be a mediocre out of the box rifle shoot to its upmost its part of the whole deal owning firearms. :drink:

garyw

It's really not as simple as just coating bullets and shooting. I would suggest that you read up on moly before using it. Rifles have been known to get a build up of moly in the barrel that will affect accuracy, also if you load your own, you need to increase the powder load to keep the same velocity, as moly is such an efficient lubrication.

It's really not as simple as just coating bullets and shooting. I would suggest that you read up on moly before using it. Rifles have been known to get a build up of moly in the barrel that will affect accuracy, also if you load your own, you need to increase the powder load to keep the same velocity, as moly is such an efficient lubrication.

bob i really dont think you know what your on about!

dont tell people to up powder charges this leads to increased pressure VERY DANGEROUS!

moly has the opposite affect to what you say you have to sometimes lower the powder charge if you look at your post as above in the quote you have stated the correct fact that moly is indeed a efficient lubricant although that is not the intention of moly on bullets or in barrels.the purpose is for the moly to fill in [for want of a better term]the indiscrepancies in the rifling of the barrel.to aid the bullet in its rotation down the barrel this in turn leads to greater accuracy.

so please dont offer advice on a subject you dont know f**k all about.

Come on guys, lets not fall out. The rason for me starting this topic was that due to the poor availability and high price of left-handed .243 rifles, I only want to have to buy one. Anything I can do to increase the life of the barrel without detriment to accuracy or bullet velocity is going to be a plus. I only want to use tried and tested methods, as I don't want to cause any damage to the gun. Thanks to you all for your replies and advise,

Regards

James