Moly coating is a good idea in the faster loads, but the only one downside is the mess it creates in the reloading process, it's no problem to have an extra bowl for the case tumbler, but handling the bullet heads you need rubber gloves on or the moly coating gets everywhere.

Some say the the bullet becomes more accurate but this i find is not the case. :thumbs:

james.

if you dont want to moly bullets then buy somesuper moly bore cream made by lyman.its easy to use and ithink is better than doing the bullets this allows you to shoot bullets naked[no moly on].it shrank the groups on a 223 i had and reduced fouling.im just doing a barrel for a mate on a 243 because it fouls quickly this will reduce fouling quite a bit and shrink his grouping.

james.

if you dont want to moly bullets then buy somesuper moly bore cream made by lyman.its easy to use and ithink is better than doing the bullets this allows you to shoot bullets naked[no moly on].it shrank the groups on a 223 i had and reduced fouling.im just doing a barrel for a mate on a 243 because it fouls quickly this will reduce fouling quite a bit and shrink his grouping.

Where can I buy this from, and is is expensive?

Moly has its down sides & is a night mare to clean out in a barrel & once you start on it you stick with it.Nosler do the silver tip with a lubebox coating like moly to the same effect but easyer to clean so if you dont like you can change back to normal heads.

Moly has its down sides & is a night mare to clean out in a barrel & once you start on it you stick with it.Nosler do the silver tip with a lubebox coating like moly to the same effect but easyer to clean so if you dont like you can change back to normal heads.

Why do you have to stick with it? Is there a reason why you can't go back to normal un-coated bullets?

I have seen the silver tips, are they expensive?

JAMES.

if you want a small amount to look at or even try in your rifle send me your address via pm. and ill post some to you im in leeds.you only need a small amount to do 1 barrel if you dont want to use it bin it.i got mine from TIM HANNAM reloading supplies they have a website up and running now.

cheers garyw

JAMES.

if you want a small amount to look at or even try in your rifle send me your address via pm. and ill post some to you im in leeds.you only need a small amount to do 1 barrel if you dont want to use it bin it.i got mine from TIM HANNAM reloading supplies they have a website up and running now.

cheers garyw

You have PM mate

:signthankspin:

Its well known that moly can upset your rifle & its more a match/benchrest thing.Not sure the in's & out's but your rifle gets a taste for it & wont take anything else it's moly all the way for it.

People ie rifle smiths etc would tell you better or advise you try phone some ie rifle craft etc.