365yds house brick

Guest remmy

more like 3 yards. find that hard to belive!

can you please explain why you find it so hard to believe, what would i gain by lying, is it because you haven't seen this accuracy before or is it because your rifle cant shoot small groups, its not the rifle its the guy behind it. ;) all you need is a bit of know how, this is done with a bog standard stalking rifle not a fancy custom job, you and your rifle are more than capable of shooting at these type of ranges, its all to do with getting the balistics right then getting a drop chart done for your bullet once you have got that, its a walk in the park, as for the three yards comment i would have missed it at that range, dont knock it just because you cant believe it, read the book first before making a judgement on the content and then you can see what were all on about, have a go spiderpig its not hard, i can get you a chart done if i know what bullet and what speed its going at , rgds dave. :0)

good on you.i got a drop chart done from a sound man on here that knows his shit,getting the hang of it now i am shoot clays at 250yrds and will go out more when i am able to master the 250yrds to the click,the lads that can't belive it can't shoot to it :feck: well done mate fine shooting keep it up f**k the begrudger,cheers sounder :thumbs:

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pardon what may well be dumb question's as im still a newbie.

Firstly am i correct in understanding that a drop chart is a charted trajectory ie X drop at X distance thus allowing you to range find and then accuratley adjust your scope.

Secondly would it be unique for each load or is the load just going to affect the distance travelled. (by load i mean differing loads in the same calibre, am i wrong in that)

Thirdly how do you go about producing a drop chart.

Thank you

Guest remmy
Pardon what may well be dumb question's as im still a newbie.

Firstly am i correct in understanding that a drop chart is a charted trajectory ie X drop at X distance thus allowing you to range find and then accuratley adjust your scope.

Secondly would it be unique for each load or is the load just going to affect the distance travelled. (by load i mean differing loads in the same calibre, am i wrong in that)

Thirdly how do you go about producing a drop chart.

Thank you

YOU HAVE PM ;)

Guest remmy
hey thats amazing :icon_eek: good shooting i,m sitting looking at a 2p piece now awesome

thanks mate, you get guys pm ing me saying i drew round it after i shot the group , yer whatever, i dont know if they think its bull shite because they cant do it or, what its beyond me its all down to practise that all. i put nine shots under a penny at 100yds they will think thats shite to. :feck::feck:

dsc00164vd3.jpg

dsc00165kb1.jpg

i did a 3 shot group yesterday with a 35grain vmax using 26g accurate 2230 powder..wont bore you with seating depth etc...wasnt overly impressed with the group until my mate covered it with a ten pence piece....i recon youve got a four inch target when shooting a charlie and as long as you get them in the engine room there on there way to a better place...im tempted to chop my 223 in for a 6br but know very little about them.any info lads???

hey thats amazing :icon_eek: good shooting i,m sitting looking at a 2p piece now awesome

thanks mate, you get guys pm ing me saying i drew round it after i shot the group , yer whatever, i dont know if they think its bull shite because they cant do it or, what its beyond me its all down to practise that all. i put nine shots under a penny at 100yds they will think thats shite to. :feck::feck:

dsc00164vd3.jpg

dsc00165kb1.jpg

Great shooting Remmy and I totally agree those that don’t believe you either don’t have the skills or the equipment to come close to your grouping

arcpest

more like 3 yards. find that hard to belive!

can you please explain why you find it so hard to believe, what would i gain by lying, is it because you haven't seen this accuracy before or is it because your rifle cant shoot small groups, its not the rifle its the guy behind it. ;) all you need is a bit of know how, this is done with a bog standard stalking rifle not a fancy custom job, you and your rifle are more than capable of shooting at these type of ranges, its all to do with getting the balistics right then getting a drop chart done for your bullet once you have got that, its a walk in the park, as for the three yards comment i would have missed it at that range, dont knock it just because you cant believe it, read the book first before making a judgement on the content and then you can see what were all on about, have a go spiderpig its not hard, i can get you a chart done if i know what bullet and what speed its going at , rgds dave. :0)

You tell em mate... :boxing:

Guest remmy

thanks for all your replys lads, i am out this weekend going to go out to 500yds if the wind dont stop us i will let you know how i get on all the best remmy :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Edited by remmy
Guest remmy
Nice shooting but just out of interest, why did you use a brick?? One of my favorite things I use for targets are beer cans filled with water, very dramatic results if you hit them dead center. :victory:

hi mate the reason i use a brick is because they blow up to, you hit it or you dont and at that range on a brick you see the bullet strike no probs and when you turn it side on as i did when i shot it @365yds is about the same size as a crow, no special reason for using bricks i just like to see em blow up :D:D

Edited by remmy