Celebraties who support field sports

This is a list of just a few celebs who support and participate in field sports, some openly others less so.

Elle Macphearson

Elizabeth Hurley

Susannah Constantine

Jamie Oliver

Madonna

Guy Ritchie

Eric Clapton

Robin Cook

Jeremy Clarkson

Vinny Jones

Phill Spencer

Phill Vickery

Clarissa Dickson-Wright

Mike Robinson

Not to mention Lt's William and Harry Wales

We all know about the number of politicians and celebraties who endorse openly anti field sports views and in some cases even donate huge amounts to the cause.

Should the celebs on our side do more to show their support? Are there more that we don't know about who keep quiet?

The whole world knows Macca, the Pirate ex, Pam Anderson and co are huge antis, but does the world know about those in the public eye that support us?

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Robin Cook's not around anymore and Madonna "plays at it", she acts out the part of the stereotyped "lord of the manor".

A few more...Ian Botham, Jack Charlton, Ann Robinson has been seen when the hunt's turned out near her home, Arctic Monkeys. :thumbs:

She keeps changing her mind by all accounts, but she does shoot and has a shoot on her estate, and Guy grew up on an estate down the road from be in Shrpos.

Jamie O loves his shooting.....

Forgot to add Ian Botham; he's just spent a fortune on a mached pair for him and Liam his son from the Browning Custom Shop!

Bryan Ferry, father of Otis. Doesn't Jeremy Paxman shoot? :gunsmilie: Zac Dingle. :whistling:

Paxman is big into fly fishing yes.....

.....this is all making my point much clearer. We have come up with close to 20odd names, and I'm sure with dogging we could get even more.....Ben Cohen, I know there are one or two more rugby guys too, Rob Wainwright.......

......but even we are having to scratch our heads to think, should these guys maybe be seen as supporting what they believe in?? Ok the likes of Clarisa and William and Harry are a given, but the others?

i always think that high profile jockeys should show more support for field sports,because without hunting they would not have horses to ride under rules.they are on telly every week so the ideal place to publicise field sports.

What about the ones that spoke out at the countryside rally in 97. Jeremy Irons et al. Without looking I can't remember.

Trevor Eve was present at The Countryside Rocks at Highclere along with Jeremy Clarkson and Bryan Ferry performed, someone else too and I forget who it was.

There are a few of em about...

i always think that high profile jockeys should show more support for field sports,because without hunting they would not have horses to ride under rules.they are on telly every week so the ideal place to publicise field sports.

:clapper: Richard Johnson I think is a member of Radnor & West Hereford.....you are right, jocks are a great example