Which scope?

If money was no object, which scope for fox shooting with 222/223 and daytime crows, rabbits etc

As is the case money is a factor so which scope for the same but not ludicrus, want to set-up a really nice rifle that i really enjoy shooting??

Guest JohnGalway

Nightforce 5.5-22x56 NP-R2 reticle, cos I just happen to have one ;) Mind you, I've not directly compared them to other top of the range scopes. But, I'm very happy with mine and it'll do all that you have listed and then some. Price may be an issue but.... I just gave up eating for a few months to afford it.

People will recommend the optic they have based on there experience with it, but there are lots of good quality optics out there at lower end prices.

So look at the ones you like the look of and spec on the net and then look if you can find someone with one you can try. :thumbs:

i've got schmidt and bender on my rifle and am very happy with it 6x42, don't use it much though, use estate 222 with tasco world class, scratched to buggery and i hate it!! Never heard of nightforce till a few weeks ago and everyone seems to rave about them,

Night force or S+B?

i use schmidt bender scopes...iv got a 6x42 fixed power on my 223 and that does 200 yard rabbits well and a 3-12x50 on my 17 hmr..was going to put the 3-12 on the 223 but its ended up on the hmr....i get on well with schmidt scopes so thats why i use the....some say the click adjustment isnt fine enough and also that the cross hair is a little thick....my 223 with 6-42 makes me look a far better shot than i actually am...........................

Guest baldie

Optically, nightforce arent in the same league as schmidt and bender, they bloody well should be, they cost almost as much. I have an nxs 12-42 x 56, and an nxs 8-32 x 56, both excellent scopes, and built like tanks, but they arent the equal of my schmidt and bender 5-25 x56 pm 11. I also have a leupold mk4 and a leupold lrt.

Buy the best you can afford, forget all the gadgets and twiddly bits, and pay the most you can, for the best lenses....because if you cant see it, you cant hit it.

hi

go nightforce they are as baldy says built to take the knocks etc ,lense quality is great i think .baldy mentions the pm11

great scope but you will have to go from what im told .i may be wrong but they are 34 mil tubes so special mounts will be needed these are very expensive ,back to the nightforce ive got two at the moment and a third on its way with the as john galway says np2d ,by the way john that call master is doing the trick im running out of foxes to shoot great bit of kit though the batteries dont last long.if you can get a second hand one all the better but be carefull

i find with the sch and bender the reticles are very thick more for deer stalking i think the nightforce are very fine i use the mlr reticle really fine for the long shots.

john galway if you was getting hungry mate the mrs would have sent you a few dinners if you were hungry ah ah

good luck with your choice

t3

hi

go nightforce they are as baldy says built to take the knocks etc ,lense quality is great i think .baldy mentions the pm11

great scope but you will have to go from what im told .i may be wrong but they are 34 mil tubes so special mounts will be needed these are very expensive ,back to the nightforce ive got two at the moment and a third on its way with the as john galway says np2d ,by the way john that call master is doing the trick im running out of foxes to shoot great bit of kit though the batteries dont last long.if you can get a second hand one all the better but be carefull

i find with the sch and bender the reticles are very thick more for deer stalking i think the nightforce are very fine i use the mlr reticle really fine for the long shots.

john galway if you was getting hungry mate the mrs would have sent you a few dinners if you were hungry ah ah

good luck with your choice

t3

the mounts are about 200 pound extra for the pm 11 scope !

Guest JohnGalway
by the way john that call master is doing the trick im running out of foxes to shoot great bit of kit though the batteries dont last long.

I'm surprised at the batteries, they last ages in mine :hmm: Glad you found it good though!

If money was no object, which scope for fox shooting with 222/223 and daytime crows, rabbits etc

As is the case money is a factor so which scope for the same but not ludicrus, want to set-up a really nice rifle that i really enjoy shooting??

Just bought this Kahles 3.5-10x50 scope to go on my .22-250. E-bay from the States $574 including postage, paid VAT & duty when delivered so in all it cost me £345. Retails in the UK between £695 & £722. Saved £350-£377 :clapper::boogie: :boogie: :clapper:

Chris :drinks:

post-10651-1204946118.jpg

post-10651-1204946092_thumb.jpg

post-10651-1204946109_thumb.jpg