Favourite authors?

Terry Pratchett for me. I find his discworld books quite hard to get into at first, but after about an hour or so, I can't stop reading them!

I've got a few of Clarkson's books, they make me laugh out sometimes. I can't remember the name of the book off hand, but there was one chapter about his efforts to shoot a fox, armed with a shotgun, bottle of wine & some dodgy ex-Russian army nightvision goggles! It was one of the funniest things I've ever read. :thumbs:

To make himself at bit more of a "lad" Clarkson makes 99% of his stuff up, he loives in his own little fantasy world

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Terry Pratchett for me. I find his discworld books quite hard to get into at first, but after about an hour or so, I can't stop reading them!

I've got a few of Clarkson's books, they make me laugh out sometimes. I can't remember the name of the book off hand, but there was one chapter about his efforts to shoot a fox, armed with a shotgun, bottle of wine & some dodgy ex-Russian army nightvision goggles! It was one of the funniest things I've ever read. :thumbs:

To make himself at bit more of a "lad" Clarkson makes 99% of his stuff up, he loives in his own little fantasy world

Is he a member?

Dont know about the pool of the black witch......but old pickle barrel was hell of a fish :D ...beg borrow or steal a copy ...its a belter :thumbs: .

I have read it.....from the libary i think, but when i was a wee nipper...

used to love the little grey men....got a first edition here worth a few quid!!!

:thumbs:

:drink: I have not read a book in 20 years,...I have no concentration span,...my mind is gone,..shot,.kaput,.finito...an ex-mind... :laugh:

I've even 'revued ' books for folk and given my in -depth opinion ,.but in truth,...have never even opened the feckers,.... :laugh:

My life is exciting and full of drama,...who needs a book.....

Mind you,..Ernest Hemingway was my pal,...we used to drink,.smoke and fornicate with fat gals together,..and he was a bit handy with the ball point.

Cheers,.hic,...CHALKWARREN... :drink::drink::drink:

Hare035.jpg

:drink: I have not read a book in 20 years,...I have no concentration span,...my mind is gone,..shot,.kaput,.finito...an ex-mind... :laugh:

I've even 'revued ' books for folk and given my in -depth opinion ,.but in truth,...have never even opened the feckers,.... :laugh:

My life is exciting and full of drama,...who needs a book.....

Mind you,..Ernest Hemingway was my pal,...we used to drink,.smoke and fornicate with fat gals together,..and he was a bit handy with the ball point.

Cheers,.hic,...CHALKWARREN... :drink::drink::drink:

:clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper: