Roe Deer Skinning

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I ALWAYS HANG MINES AND HAVE A STICK IN THE MIDDLE OF THE LEGS TO KEEP THE BACK HAUNCHES OPEN THEN WORK THE KNIFE DOWN BUTCHERINGS CHILD PLAY TWO BACK HAUNCHES FILLETS KNECK AND RIBS WITH GIGOT CHOPS IF YOU DONT LIKE FILLETS AND SADDLE THE MAIN THING IS TO HAVE GOOD KNIFES AND A GOOD DIAMOND SHARPENER FEILD DRESSED THEM AND AT THE YARD SHOULD BE EASY TO USE EXPIERENCD HUNTERS ,NEVER DONE THEN ON A TABLE ALWAYS SKIN THEM ASS TO KNECK THEN TAKE FRONT LEGS KENCK ETC OR IF ON ATABLE I DE BONE THEM FOR VENISON SAUSAGES AND BURGERS , CANT SEEE THE PIONT OF LYING IT DOWN T0 SKIN

if you gut neatly with a good knife you should not mess much or taint the meat , any way the minute you catch it bleed gut right away, then hang and skin and butcher if your worried about a bit of mess hose the beast out before skinning it and wash in side of carcase etc

Hello & well done Paul for putting your neck out here & as you said we all have our ways on this. I personally like to free the shoulders/sides & to the haunches well up the body to below the saddle & a compressor can be good to assist in this at the very start & i use regular. I also cut the tail on roe when skinning & there is a soft part on the haunch that can tear when skinning too. A flat joint on the legs is easyer & neater to when cutting them off & as stated keep your knife hand clean & use it in a roll action to push skin off. There hairy little buggers & a nightmare & i hate to see them just as hairy as they started well done Paul.

that mizerable butcher gets every where.?? no seriously he taught me how to skin and butcher roe in a professional manner .but for christ sake dont ask him to shoot hes far better with a knife .ha ha

excellent vid ian and paul look forward to part two dont suppose you can do a vid for rabbits mate as i get me mate to do mine they not up to much afterwards although greatfull for him doing them for me as i cant do them and would love to learn the propper way to go on thanks jedandlevo