My mate purchased a (slightly) used Tactical Lightning yesterday, and brought it to work to show. (We were on night shift and not too busy). We set up a 30 yard indoor range and put a few through it. Two clicks up and four clicks left, and it just put all the .177 pellets in the middle. It did not kick overmuch,and not too noisy. If I were to be buying a new air rifle now, it would be one of these. You could carry it around all day.

• 1 year later...

all depends on how good you can shoot with it. will be all you need and more but make sure if your taking those long range shots that you have absolute confidence in where every single pellet is going to end up. in the kill zone. make sure you can do the job as well as the rifle can, at your chosen distances. atb :thumbs::thumbs:

Hello,

can somebody tell me at what yards the bsa lightning xl good for is ?

i'll buy a new hunting air rifle.

and i think that i'm gonna buy a bsa lightning xl.

but i wanna know to what yards i can hunt with it for rabbits.

Can please somebody let me know it ?

Michiel_van_heupen@hotmail.com

Thanks, Can you also say to me at what yards it normally can shot a rabbit DEAD !! ?

Or should i buy another air rifle ? with the same prica for the air rifle like the bsa lightning xl ?

Thank You .

all depends on how good you can shoot with it. will be all you need and more but make sure if your taking those long range shots that you have absolute confidence in where every single pellet is going to end up. in the kill zone. make sure you can do the job as well as the rifle can, at your chosen distances. atb :thumbs::thumbs:

Thanks, Can you also say to me at what yards it normally can shot a rabbit DEAD !! ?

Or should i buy another air rifle ? with the same prica for the air rifle like the bsa lightning xl ?

Thank You

Hi, mate.

Lighnings are crap. Poorly built, rubbish trigger, recoil's horrible even for a springer, stupid scope rail, a pig to work on, just don't bother..

Look at HW, Webley, Air Arms.

And before anyone jumps on me, yes I've got one....... Wish I'd not....

Cheers.

PS. You could buy mine! It's got a gas-ram too, but it's still crap!!!!

Edit to say... The ram did improve things but you can't polish a turd...

Edited by andyfr1968

Hi, mate.

Lighnings are crap. Poorly built, rubbish trigger, recoil's horrible even for a springer, stupid scope rail, a pig to work on, just don't bother..

Look at HW, Webley, Air Arms.

And before anyone jumps on me, yes I've got one....... Wish I'd not....

Cheers.

PS. You could buy mine! It's got a gas-ram too, but it's still crap!!!!

Edit to say... The ram did improve things but you can't polish a turd...

Thanks,

for rabbits , woodpigeons, duck

what air rifle can i best buy a HW or what ?? and to what yards can i shot a rabbit or pigeon ??

Thank You So .