New farm

Stabs

Got a bit of new land during the week from some "nouveau" farmers who'd bought a bit of dirt and have designs on being the next Hugh Fearnley-Whittinstalls. I was up at 0500 and straight over there for day break and after a cup of tea, was setting the nets.

The farmers boys were dead keen to give me a hand as they'd never seen anything like this before, so I put them to work setting the nets :11:

It was emotional :D

ad002.jpg

After what seemed like hours, we put the ferrets down and I was dying to see how they'd go. I'd brought two girls from LovableGit and a male I'd got off Pan.Handle. I only had one collar so it went onto a silver gill and she was entered along with an uncollared albino gill. We seemed to be doing ok.....steady away. I tried Pan's polecat hob but as he is just a bairn, he didn't see as much as the ladies. He did well though....if a little brutal :11:

The farmers boys were noisy as hell and I'm amazed we got anything. The bitch took it all in her stride.

ad005.jpg

We'd missed a couple of holes (naturally) but we got a few and the boys were very impressed. They got a gutting and skinning lesson and they are now tucking into rabbit stew as I type this!

ad006.jpg

All in all an excellent day. Even the famers mrs was playing with the ferrets and the dog was spoiled rotten. Another landowner satisfied and won over to our cause ;)