quality boots

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A lot of people bigging up Lowa but I definately prefer Altberg. They're a bit cheaper but I think a much better boot. Prefer mine not to be gortex because your feet sweat like f**k in em when its warm weather. Leathers waterproof enough, and dries faster if the water does get in. If the waters any deeper than the boot gortex wont help anyway. Cheers, happy hunting :thumbs:

Guest ripstop
A lot of people bigging up Lowa but I definately prefer Altberg. They're a bit cheaper but I think a much better boot. Prefer mine not to be gortex because your feet sweat like f**k in em when its warm weather. Leathers waterproof enough, and dries faster if the water does get in. If the waters any deeper than the boot gortex wont help anyway. Cheers, happy hunting :thumbs:

Got a good pair of gaitors for mine, nearly knee length.

Been looking at the Matterhorn boots(second hand, 28 quid plus postage, tried some on very comfortable.

• 2 weeks later...

Hoggs of fife used to do a cracking fell boot, I imagine they still do, Have you tried the ones with a nailed sole, they are shit hot off tarmac, teriffic grip and the nails clean out the shit pretty quick as well. FANTASTIC for digging with, Drawbacks, on tarmac you sound like a carthorse and on ice you look like Torvil and Dean, otherwise a very good boot. Plenty of MARS OIL to feed the leather (advice given me by a fella who makes saddles for a living). Hope this is of some use to you guys.

PS

I also have pair of Meindle boots and they are also very good,but very expensive.

Cheers

Meindl no more expensive than a pair of Hogg Fell boots.£149:95 the last time I looked and your feet get seriously #*&=$#£# cold in them compared to modern boots with gore-tex liners :icon_eek:

£169.00 at www.gundogkit.co.uk

i use meindls myself, have to say they are the best boot i have ever worn...in any weather, sun or sleet and snow...Well worth every penny that i paid for them. Getting another pair as the pair i have at present get worn everywhere form the field to the office!!!

With the way the dolalr vs sterling is at the moment, would it not be worth a few of you clubbing together and getting on Cabela's website?

got myself some of those bad boys on the advice of chief ! best 170 quid i ever spent warm as toast comfy well just the job reallly when your stood about watching others dig! :whistling:

• 2 weeks later...