Advice on a trammel net

danf

I am about to start making a fifty yard trammel net with onehundred yards of 6z 2 1/8 for the middle wall, what size outerwalls would you reccomend six inch or nine inch meshes and also what size nylon to make the outer walls? .D.

I am about to start making a fifty yard trammel net with onehundred yards of 6z 2 1/8 for the middle wall, what size outerwalls would you reccomend six inch or nine inch meshes and also what size nylon to make the outer walls? .D.

I would reccomend 9" mesh and you will probably have to go 4mesh 4mesh 4mesh 5mesh, as it works out 4.235 mesh to a 9" pocket. It should be plenty as your net will only be 18" high, and thus baggy.

As to why I said 9", only because it is the height that was suggested to me and it worked. 6" might be better I don't know, but 9" works fine.

i suppose it would depend on what you are fishing for?

I thought i would try fishing for rabbits, do you have any advice or help to give on the subject? :wallbash:. thanks for the advice Ianrob thats the same size mesh that i have been told aswell :thumbs: .D.

I thought i would try fishing for rabbits, do you have any advice or help to give on the subject? :wallbash:. thanks for the advice Ianrob thats the same size mesh that i have been told aswell :thumbs: .D.

don,t take any notice of rabbitboy , he has bin rabbiting for about 12 months and trys to give advice on all things rabbity especially on long and trammel nets, then he will tell you that trammels are to heavy and you should be using traditional nets with anchor pins :doh:

DANF.. i wouldnt worry about these two, there old sparing partners :boxing: just wait till one metions whats best, the trad net or quick set net? :laugh::laugh::laugh:

not going down that road again , i use what i like and bugger what anyone else thinks :bye: