lurcher sucsess

Guest Pat

went lamping tonight with a a mate that has a small shoot and a bit of land to get my dog a few runs a hopefully make its first catch we saw a lot of rabbbits wich were to far and were lamp shy and we were looking for the squatters we found one and we sneaked up got with in yards of it and it ran slipped the dog a bit too late and it turned the rabbit about 3 times and it made it to cover then we found another squatter and it was running full tilt for home the dog nearlly got it as it got through the fence. then went on to another grass field found another squatter and we lost it for a minute in the beam couldnt see it then we saw it it got up a few yards from us I slipped the dog it turned it away from the cover and it was running down the hedge the dog was gaining fast on it and picked it up like an old pro :D the smile on my face was from ear to ears we switched the lamp of waiting for the dog to retrieve it and there was something wrong turned lamp back on and the dog was comong back empty mouthed the rabbit had got out the dogs mouth but I werent too botherd as it still caught it in my book and I know the dog can do it now I just need to get it out

thought that day would never come been trying and helping the dog all I can to make its first catch and its finally happend thanks to my mate for all the help and giving me a bit of advice and he didnt have a dog to run as it broke its neck earler this season when it was in its prime and doing well on hares :wacko: