my new hunting 4x4

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The little orange "engine" icon,seems to be used by all the manufacturers now. It means there is a problem with engine electronics, the lack of power you experienced is the ECU putting the control of the engine into "limp home" mode. This literally allows you to limp home without being able to drive hard and perhaps damage something. Stopping and switching off is resetting it to normal. There is probably not a real fault, but a sensor problem or bad connection giving a quick bit of bad feedback to the ECU causing it to go to "limp mode".

the orange light is actuall y an engine management light witch controles all electrcal coponent of the engines working i.e crank postion fuel pressure air flow and so on its to warn you of a malfuction and dose not put it in linmp mode the lack of power you are experencing is more likely to be a choked up fuel filter of a split turbo pipe related

is there such a thing as a servo that works the glow plugs.my glow plug light flickers on and off on the dash.and am getting a clicking sound coming from under the glovebox and all the lights go dime for awhile any ideas as to what id could be???????? the lad at the garage said it could be the servo???? but id have to take it to the auto sparky???

The little orange "engine" icon,seems to be used by all the manufacturers now. It means there is a problem with engine electronics, the lack of power you experienced is the ECU putting the control of the engine into "limp home" mode. This literally allows you to limp home without being able to drive hard and perhaps damage something. Stopping and switching off is resetting it to normal. There is probably not a real fault, but a sensor problem or bad connection giving a quick bit of bad feedback to the ECU causing it to go to "limp mode".

the orange light is actuall y an engine management light witch controles all electrcal coponent of the engines working i.e crank postion fuel pressure air flow and so on its to warn you of a malfuction and dose not put it in linmp mode the lack of power you are experencing is more likely to be a choked up fuel filter of a split turbo pipe related

there was a fault with the fuel pump on the shogun a few years back. when you put your foot down a bit it would loss power. after you swiched the engine off and left it for a while it would start and run ok but as soon as you put our foot down it would die again.

is there such a thing as a servo that works the glow plugs.my glow plug light flickers on and off on the dash.and am getting a clicking sound coming from under the glovebox and all the lights go dime for awhile any ideas as to what id could be???????? the lad at the garage said it could be the servo???? but id have to take it to the auto sparky???

i phoned mitsubishi today and they said it will be the glow plug relay am needing.at £96 plus vat. :icon_eek: .anyone know where i could get it cheaper???

Nice, but the Ford Ranger or Mazda version is better, better performance, turning circle etc

Me and my mate test drove them all before he bought a mazda

Your having a laugh arn't you, these are crap, The Mistsubishi will still be going long after these 2 are fecked.

Ivan, try your battery and the terminals, if there is minimul power coming through, the relay will play up as you have described.

Guest spud.

if this helps mate....the other day i got sum heavy duty springs for the back x2 and a full spring kit x2 and also two back lights off milner offroad on the net.

cheap parts for mitsubisi, only cost £160 with delivery.

who the feck say a ranger is better than a l200?????????? numb fecks lol

Nice, but the Ford Ranger or Mazda version is better, better performance, turning circle etc

Me and my mate test drove them all before he bought a mazda

Your having a laugh arn't you, these are crap, The Mistsubishi will still be going long after these 2 are fecked.

Ivan, try your battery and the terminals, if there is minimul power coming through, the relay will play up as you have described.

thanks for the replys lads.

i took the battery out and fully charged it.then put it back in and tightened all the terminals and its better than it was but am still getting a clicking through the relay but not as bad as before.

post-16528-1206224253_thumb.jpg

Here is mine guys, its been used for lamping without the back on, dragin the beaters trailer about and as the gun bus, It is thirsty but buy a fiat panda if ya want fuel econ. Its only been stuck once even with the roady tires on and the shoot is real clarty. this is the missus driving through a flood near seahouses last year about two days after i picked it up.

i changed my glow plug relay and the two black boxs in the panel under the glove box.and am still getting a clicking when i first start it.and the glow plug light still isnt coming on on the dash.anyone any ideas as what it could be???????