What breed of ferrets are the best...?

Guest spudsk100

Sorry mate their polecats, hope you don't mind me asking wats the rose ts for. :whistling:

Nope, she wasn't a poley. She had quite a bit of white on her. Most likely some albino in her background somewhere, but I never knew her parents as I got her off someone that had taken some eccess kits of a breeder - from working stock.

Oh, and those rosettes.... :laugh: Did wonder whether I should dare put that picture on here :laugh:

And yes, they were some that we'd won at a ferret show :)

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry mate their polecats, hope you don't mind me asking wats the rose ts for. :whistling:

Nope, she wasn't a poley. She had quite a bit of white on her. Most likely some albino in her background somewhere, but I never knew her parents as I got her off someone that had taken some eccess kits of a breeder - from working stock.

Oh, and those rosettes.... :laugh: Did wonder whether I should dare put that picture on here :laugh:

I've been sitting here trying to work this out , "she wasn't a poley,she had quite a bit of white on her" :doh: :doh: :doh: No I'm lost good luck with the Ferts. By the way I've got a Black eyed white hob the best working hob I've ever had, so I suppose not all show stuff is crap :victory:

Guest Magwitch
Magwitch the fert in the background to the small polecat is a different fert to the one you call the Old Fella .Are these the small ferts you call greyhound ferts?? :icon_eek:

The albino hob is from a very old strain of greyhound ferrets the kit resulted from a mating to a small BEW.

weaselsqa8.jpg

She had quite a bit of white on her. Most likely some albino in her background somewhere, but I never knew her parents . . . . . .

Having an albino back in it's line does not have an effect on how much white it has in it's coat!

I can't understand this infactuation with tiny ferrets. Ferrets (wild polecats and stoats) have levelled out at a size best suited for the job they do. I want a ferret that will shift a rabbit not suffer from a few minutes hard work. There are also potential problems ahead when breeding off tiny jills.

Crow

Magwitch the fert in the background to the small polecat is a different fert to the one you call the Old Fella .Are these the small ferts you call greyhound ferts?? :icon_eek:

The albino hob is from a very old strain of greyhound ferrets the kit resulted from a mating to a small BEW.

weaselsqa8.jpg

So the albino hob had nothing to do with the breeding of the tiny ferts.I can assure you that he has lost all the looks of a g/hound.I'm not trying to belittle him in any way but a g/hound fert is about 2 1/2 times his build and the head is very pointed not so blunt as the old fella. My opinion your small ferts would have no place in my team. But I could find room for that BEW he has the right shaped head for me as has the left & right of the 4 kits shame about the size,my opinion only

good hunting para1 :drink: :drink:

Guest Magwitch

weaselsqa8.jpg

So the albino hob had nothing to do with the breeding of the tiny ferts.I can assure you that he has lost all the looks of a g/hound.I'm not trying to belittle him in any way but a g/hound fert is about 2 1/2 times his build and the head is very pointed not so blunt as the old fella. My opinion your small ferts would have no place in my team. But I could find room for that BEW he has the right shaped head for me as has the left & right of the 4 kits shame about the size,my opinion only

good hunting para1 :drink::drink:

Sorry hes not to your liking. the small ferrets have there place in my squad, if you look at some of my posts you will see that i use a mix of sizes, horses for courses as they say. let me see your greyhounds and we can compare? as i said the picture doesnt do him justice and i will post a more recent one when i can find the time. :thumbs:

Guest Magwitch

Errrr no it aint my old fruit cake ;)

Magwitch I wish i could let you see my g/hounds I lost the strain 30 years ago when i left the army and my dad who looked after them.I got my first off a miner mate of my dad's nearly 51 years ago when i was 8 in Nottingham.G/hound fert's today are rocking horse shit , the nearest i can get to them for working ability are polecats, lean & fast.I only have room & work for 4 so they've got to be good.1 is a BEW still a polecat the only reason i have him is he was being mistreated. :thumbdown:

Anyway I was not trying to knock your ferts .They are not what i was dragged up to believe was a g/hound fert.They look good and i have no doubt work well for you,I wish you all the very best with them and in all you do.

happy hunting john :drink: :drink: :toast:

Sorry hes not to your liking. the small ferrets have there place in my squad, if you look at some of my posts you will see that i use a mix of sizes, horses for courses as they say. let me see your greyhounds and we can compare? as i said the picture doesnt do him justice and i will post a more recent one when i can find the time. :thumbs:

Same here Magwitch, I also use a mix of sizes :thumbs: I too have a small jill who is a valued member of the team. This subject has been debated so many times, each to their own I say :yes:

right, just to clarify what colour that ferret is... she's a polecat mitt. "mitt" simply means she has white feet, like mittens, and they often have a white bib too.