What breed of ferrets are the best...?

Guest spudsk100

ive got one of each....and i still like my silver the best! lol

just a daft question - is there such thing as a *greyhound* ferret , a bloke round the allotment mentioned them before , apparntly a real small type ferret? ... any idea's? ... ive never seen one ...

i had a greyhound ferret he was really arched back almost like a c shape and very sleek ,all mine now are still slightly arched but not like him,but my favourite colour are sandys

Edited by sue

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

are magwitchs meant to be greyhound ferts though or are they just bred for smallness? i ask cos ive recently got a small,slim but muscular albino jill who hholds her back REALLY arched most of the time.will put some decent pics up when i get time.

i have pics of grew ferrets from 78 79 some were, they have bone and can deal with a rabbit , they are not hunched back they are just got bone and well the best ones worked for a few more years than mini ferrets on big days week in week out in the scottish borders in all sorts of weather cheers

some people prefer albinos as workers as you can seem them better in the grass , but as far as ferrets go there all them same

This is true :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Not true these days you have 2 types of fret workers and show crap, if you want a good worker get it from a good working line.You wont go far wrong if you get it of a game keeper. :boogie:

some people prefer albinos as workers as you can seem them better in the grass , but as far as ferrets go there all them same

This is true :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Not true these days you have 2 types of fret workers and show crap, if you want a good worker get it from a good working line.You wont go far wrong if you get it of a game keeper. :boogie:

:clapper::boogie::toast:

my last 3 came of a good keeper friend of mine there spot on.

One of my ferrets was a greyhound type just as has been described. Not sure why it's only being said that they're white, as our Lily was a mitt. She was long and very slim. Around 19 inches from nose to tail tip, and weighed around 600gms. Sadly she's no longer with us, but I do have a couple of photos that, although not great, do show her general size, and build. Although slim with not a pick of fat on her, she did have good muscle tone. I could hold under her arms and get my first finger and thumb right around her body, and still have the last notch of my finger spare - as shown in the first photo.

Second photo isn't great, but you can see how she would keep her back arched and tummy way off the ground when standing.

post-15229-1203341813_thumb.jpg

post-15229-1203342055.jpg

post-15229-1203342451_thumb.jpg

One of my ferrets was a greyhound type just as has been described. Not sure why it's only being said that they're white, as our Lily was a mitt. She was long and very slim. Around 19 inches from nose to tail tip, and weighed around 600gms. Sadly she's no longer with us, but I do have a couple of photos that, although not great, do show her general size, and build. Although slim with not a pick of fat on her, she did have good muscle tone. I could hold under her arms and get my first finger and thumb right around her body, and still have the last notch of my finger spare - as shown in the first photo.

Second photo isn't great, but you can see how she would keep her back arched and tummy way off the ground when standing.

i had a couple like her ,but he was a lot bigger and more arched more muscular but still sleek he was a poly

Edited by sue
Sadly she's no longer with us, what happened to your ferret

She had cancer (lymphoma) and was pts in 2006 when it finally got the better of her. very sad, as she was only just over 5 years old :(

I still have her sister though, and although she and Lily were very similar in size/length and weight, she's never looked like a greyhound type.

Sorry mate their polecats, hope you don't mind me asking wats the rose ts for. :whistling:

Guest Magwitch
i asked the question about greyhound ferrets not long ago , magwitch posted a pic of his one. hope you dont mind magwitch that ive posted your picture

unless the whole litter was that size was it not just a runt ???

:whistling: Dads in the background

smallpolecatjill-1.jpg

Edited by Magwitch