• 22 wmr
    • 17 hmr
    • 22 hornet
    • 17 ackley hornet
    • 20 tactical
    • 20 ppc
    • 220 swift
    • 22-250

well i said .22lr he said he was rabbiting with the possibility of a fox.........theres one outstanding rabbit gun,...the .22lr and should a fox get seen within say 50yards then pop in a stinger and bump him off.......I have cleanly killed foxes to 100yards max being 109yards with stingers(always got dog with me to back up the shot)

Personally i don't think there is a best caliber to do the job for both Rabbit & Fox, but thats just my personal opinion.

i find it much better to take 2 guns out with you, concentrate on the rabbits first, then change over guns & onto the fox.

But if i had no choice i would have to choose the .223

well mr logic i didnt think you needed a firearms liecence for obselete calibers???? so you should be able to have a hornet without??? :clapper::clapper: ...VERY SORRY COULDNT HELP MYSELF :tongue2::tongue2: ......the hornet was always the main stay of any keen hunter that knew his stuff..i only know one man that still uses one and he loves it and to be honest i can see why.they are a good round.it seems to me that the gun trade keeps inventing must have rifles (hmr mach2 etc etc) to keep there pockets lined..i have a hmr myself and wonder in years to come if it will go out of fashion?? at least you can reload a hornet...which is far more than a hmr.........was just having a laugh... :victory::victory:

well i said .22lr he said he was rabbiting with the possibility of a fox.........theres one outstanding rabbit gun,...the .22lr and should a fox get seen within say 50yards then pop in a stinger and bump him off.......I have cleanly killed foxes to 100yards max being 109yards with stingers(always got dog with me to back up the shot)

Thats just what I did when I first got my .22lr did the job fine but didnt push it to far 100 yards max, had a lot of foxes with it but got myself a .222 and a .243 for fox /deer. Now I only have the.22lr and the .17hmr both have their jobs mostly rabbits hares and the odd close fox.