Hi Chaps

I have recently aquired a starlight archer unit and had the opportunity to try it out last night.

The difference it made is quite astounding and to be honest it was far more effective than I thought it would be.

Two shots at over 150 yards, two dead lamp shy foxes that I have been after for weeks and one happy egg farmer.

It is fiited on a cz527 in 223 with an SP Raptor 6-24x50 side focus scope but tonight its going on my .22rf on rabbit duty.

For anyone toying with buying one I can only say if you can.... go for it.

Onelesscharlie

C3PO.

im using a gen3 grade c archer on a 17 rem for fox and it is very clear out to 200 yds furthest fox i shot was 179 yds but most are 60-100 you can call them in much closer because theres no lamp to spook em.mine has 2 dark spots on the unit both are to the outer edges of the unit.i was lucky when i bought mine i had a choice of 4 too pick from so i got the clearest one.

i took mine over to JULIAN SAVOURY at starlight to look at and bought one of his ir illuminators they are brilliant,hes a decent bloke to deal with any problems you can ring him and he will help you out.i may put mine on a 17hmr iv got for the summer to shoot cubs with as well as rabbits.

cheers garyw

Sorry, I meant was your Gen 3 tube graded B, C or D? The B is the highest spec Gen 3 version and the D the lowest spec. Does your Archer have any visible black spots on the image?

Hi Sorry for the misunderstanding

The tube is D grade but has no noticeable spots on the image.

I just wish we could have a dark night to go and try it out some more.

Onelesscharlie

• 2 weeks later...
Guest JohnGalway

Prices.

I know a member of another site (not sure if he's here yet) who has one. He brought it over to show us earlier this month and I was seriously impressed. It's not an understatement to say it turns night into day. We spotted a fox with the lamp, turned on the NV and there he was out around 400 yards I think. It makes a mockery out of my Yukon digital ranger :yes:

Guy I know, Grasshopper, said he went down to Starlight and looked through a few of them. I think he bought the lowest grade one, there was one a grade higher and the guy selling them actually told him to go for the lower one as it was better. So they seem good to deal with going on that report, chance of making more money but went with having a happy customer.

The laser is excellent too, really did boost my Ranger :yes:

I'd love to get one but I think they're too rich for my blood at the moment.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Chaps

Sorry for the delay in responding

Prices for the Archer unit are approx as follows:

Grade D tube @ £1499

Brade C tube @ £2199

Grade B tube @ £2499

The unit has no soviet parts and is built in the UK, the illuminator is also available as a seperate item and will fit most other nv units.

They recommend the Leupold VX4 but SP Raptor scopes are also endorsed by them at approx a third of the cost.

For those with a lower budget there is also the unit from GB sights, they had some teething problems but are sorted now

Hope this helps

Onelesscharlie

Hi Chaps

Grade D tube @ £1499

Brade C tube @ £2199

Grade B tube @ £2499

The unit has no soviet parts and is built in the UK, the illuminator is also available as a seperate item and will fit most other nv units.

They recommend the Leupold VX4 but SP Raptor scopes are also endorsed by them at approx a third of the cost.

For those with a lower budget there is also the unit from GB sights, they had some teething problems but are sorted now

Hope this helps

Onelesscharlie

Mole trapper has one on his rimmy and misses rabbits extremely rarely.

Hi Chaps

Grade D tube @ £1499

Brade C tube @ £2199

Grade B tube @ £2499

Hope this helps

Onelesscharlie

Mole trapper has one on his rimmy and misses rabbits extremely rarely.

hi if wont better than archer my mate in manchester has better night vision from usa like envis and pvs 14 for around same money but lot better this stuff usa army using now pvs 14 brand new with headset £2100 envis £1500 he just sold to man who does pest controll who had archer and he said envis is better than his archer was with ir laser so shop around if eny one got archer wont to put it to test can pop round see him

Hi Chaps

I have recently aquired a starlight archer unit and had the opportunity to try it out last night.

The difference it made is quite astounding and to be honest it was far more effective than I thought it would be.

Two shots at over 150 yards, two dead lamp shy foxes that I have been after for weeks and one happy egg farmer.

It is fiited on a cz527 in 223 with an SP Raptor 6-24x50 side focus scope but tonight its going on my .22rf on rabbit duty.

For anyone toying with buying one I can only say if you can.... go for it.

Onelesscharlie

You are able to swap from rifle to rifle, :hmm: you meen like it says in their advert, or does it meen you actually managed to get the three bushes it is supposed to come with. The reason i ask is that i only recieved one bush, and that was a saga in itself, but that is another story, i bought the C grade and wanted this unit because it was supposedly changeable from gun to gun in seconds, yeah right. You have to have different sized bushes for different scopes and they all have to be laboriously set up to see through the unit, so when you go to use the rifle as a day gun it is set up all wrong.

On the positive side, yes it does work quite well, i only use mine for rabbit work out to about 70 yds, would like to use it on my fox rifle as well but way to much hassle getting another bush to fit and then all the agro of setting it up.

If i am wrong on this i would be delighted to be proven so, that way i would feel that i had spent my money wisely and not feel more than a little gullable.

Just a shame i bought it a few weeks before the digital ones came out that are very capable of doing what i wanted, and at half the price.

Live and learn. :doh:

yes your right in that you have to take night vision and adapter off one gun then set it up on another gun but if adapter got half cut in it it move out way way for day time shooting then move back for night time shot also one my mates got round this buy using headset that he see some think to shot then lift gun up put gun on walking stike with v end and can shot easy