some pics of my tarantula collection

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dwal ... Dangerous wild animals license ... something needed if you want to keep some of the more venomous T's and scorpions , also corbras, rattle snakes , crocs, gila monsters and the likes. If you get one you can go out buy a bloody elephant if you so wish.

Thanks mate very intresting :thumbs:

Some of the shite you can own is mental check the defra site out its all on there somewhere .. Bears , giraffes and lions the fooking mind boggles!.

Nice one simoman we have to chile rose .. ones tame as out the other ones a nasty little cu*t. Quite fancy some stick insects .. just waiting for the mantids to hatch before i get any more creepy crawlies. .. Then i have to house 100-300 mantids all seperately bit of a job old polystyrene cup job by the looks of it.

They are mate yeah! Couldnt tell you a thing about them .. picked em up as part of a rescue .. all i know is i went to lift what seemed to be an empty faunarium with the label praying mantis on it .. and found the ootheca (dunno how its spelt lol) Stuck to the inside of the lid. Anyway of identifying it by the ootheca??

Some of the shite you can own is mental check the defra site out its all on there somewhere .. Bears , giraffes and lions the fooking mind boggles!.

Nice one simoman we have to chile rose .. ones tame as out the other ones a nasty little cu*t. Quite fancy some stick insects .. just waiting for the mantids to hatch before i get any more creepy crawlies. .. Then i have to house 100-300 mantids all seperately bit of a job old polystyrene cup job by the looks of it.

Used to work for the council deot that distributed and gave conditions for keeping DWA animals and some of the animals hidden away in towns and villages would have had the neighbours nervous wrecks. The mexican I had was aggressive and used to shed, I stopped keeping them after one kept shedding its hairs into my eyes, it became quite irritating and I didn't want eye damage. Still keep some monitors, beardies etc.

Its shocking isnt it i read a list of big cats help in private collections in the uk .. its scary! What kinda monitors do you keep? We have 3 beardies .. one full grown adult male .. bought him for my ma .. he doesnt like me black beards me everytime im near the tank. And 2 with missing limbs , still flighty little fu*kers it doesnt impair them in any way.

I know what you mean the lizards have more character! I grew up with a bosc .. used to have to exercise him in the bath keep him trim! I know of someone with a tiger .. luckily he's 100 odd mile away. Wouldn't mind an ackie or other small monitor myself have to wait and see. Concentrating on boids at the minute possibly got a gravid argentine boa ... accidental mating the randy wee shite was only in the tank for a few hours while we were moving them about.

Find snakes facinating and have looked after several, love the ozzie elapids but to be honest they scare me a little :laugh: Biggest I've been aroung (not looked after)was a 14ft reticulated python that was a little grumpy, I made sure I was at the other end of the room

Lol 14foot is a big snake .. Retics have lovely markings there breeding dwarf retics and making some serious dough on them nowadays though no doubt in the not so distant future we'll have to rescue them for not actually being dwarfs they still grow to a decent size and weight. We've got a young albino burmese , rescued from a shop as she was a big snappy and hissy .. with a bit handling shes calmed down alot , still dont fancy putting my hand in her tank now and shes only 5 1/2 foot! Worst ive got is a little argentine boa only a yearling but its a snappy vicious little c*nt really need to tame her down as it wont be long and she'll be 7 foot of snappy boa. Most fascinating snakes ive kept were rough green snakes .. they live on crickets and such like so had them in with my anoles .. they were fast little buggers very similar to the garter snake , marvellous colours!