some pics of my tarantula collection

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Green with envy that cobalt you have is a beauty .. ive got 2 chile rose and a mexi red knee.. not allowed any more .. got a few scorps aswel .. love them. Also got a cocoon full of mantids .. have no idea what size just picked up a faunarium with it in on our last big rescue job. Got a house full of herps .. mostly the parents though.

depends what specie air gunner some can swell your hand up at most really, but if you apply for a dwal thats a total diffrent story, something like a chlean rose as long as you ent alergeck is just like a bee's sting

drunken post :laugh::drink:

:laugh: Thats what i thought or stoned, I can just about understand it apart from the word "dwal" .

Cheers Markieboi.

Just a quick question as i have no knowledge with tarantula's what so ever, do they bite and if so whats it like can it be life threating?

I dont think there is a recorded fatality due to a tarantula bite to a human being! The only way I think this could happen if the person was allergic to the venom. As for biting us it all depends on what specie of tarantula! You get very aggressive ones, semi aggressive and non aggressive. Things like chile rose, curly hair and mexican red knee are all non aggressive BUT they can still bite you. Ones like the cobalt blue like the one I got in the picture (the blue one) this is a very aggressive specie and moves like lightening! I wouldnt even attempt to handle this one. Really people shouldnt handle these tarantulas but people do like myself, I think their bite could be quite serious as their fangs are as big as a dogs fangs and much sharper to the point than a dogs, their fangs are more like giant ferret teeth.

Now I know you want one :yes:

Is it right those brazilians have a leg span of 12 inches?Cant have one now mate,I am in borneo in 14 days time,lots of creepie-crawlies over there,my favourite has to be the manitds :D

I think the brazilian leg span is mostly around 10 inches but The Goliath bird-eating is around 10-13 inches mostly 12.

When you go to borneo dont forget to take some pics of creepie-crawlies :thumbs:

Fecking things uurrghhh horrible lol my mum wanted the 1 with the orange rings on the legs still thier nice too look at great pics mate(y)

That would be the mexican red knee (Brachypelma Smithi) very common tarantula and a very lovely looking tarantula. Good choice!

Green with envy that cobalt you have is a beauty .. ive got 2 chile rose and a mexi red knee.. not allowed any more .. got a few scorps aswel .. love them. Also got a cocoon full of mantids .. have no idea what size just picked up a faunarium with it in on our last big rescue job. Got a house full of herps .. mostly the parents though.

What sort of stuff do you rescue? I f you have no room for t's or scorpions send them down. :thumbs: