great stuff, well done

#32 shawbarker

shawbarker

Born Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 02:21 pm

:clapper: Nice one pal i'd love a go at that sport and i'll bet them burgers were brill !

#33 awen

awen

Mega Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 675 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 03:47 pm

nice write up, can almost taste it in me mouth :piggy: :snack:

#34 bavarianbrit

bavarianbrit

Rookie Hunter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 10 September 2009 - 04:32 pm

Hi,

Ref the damage they can cause. The hunters in Germany who lease their own beat (it"s called a revier) have to pay for all the damage caused by all huntable beasts.
This equates to a s''t load of money is needed each year to compensate the farmers for being greedy and only planting corn or other high income crops which draws them in like flies round a t''d.
So the hunter is on a treadmill if you will, to keep their numbers down.
I will be out after them again tonight (almost a full moon no cloud - as no lamping is allowed in Germany) I do not have my own beat here only permissions, but due to this problem it"s easy to get permission if you live nearby.

Regards

Bavarianbrit.

#35 BIGPETE

BIGPETE

Born Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 11 September 2009 - 12:55 pm

Hi,

Ref the damage they can cause. The hunters in Germany who lease their own beat (it"s called a revier) have to pay for all the damage caused by all huntable beasts.
This equates to a s''t load of money is needed each year to compensate the farmers for being greedy and only planting corn or other high income crops which draws them in like flies round a t''d.
So the hunter is on a treadmill if you will, to keep their numbers down.
I will be out after them again tonight (almost a full moon no cloud - as no lamping is allowed in Germany) I do not have my own beat here only permissions, but due to this problem it"s easy to get permission if you live nearby.

Regards

Bavarianbrit.

Hi there,
Not been over for a year or so now, but about a year ago I was in Lautert and the surrounding area had a fair boar population. Unfortunately I was over on business, ruddy work gets in the way of everything!! so no shooting but he area looked great, you certainly have some good grounds over there.

#36 brian88

brian88

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 October 2009 - 08:09 pm

that's a big one. nice catch

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users