It s something partridge / pheasant do in the wild i think it moves so it interest them i have picked up a lot of phessys that have died eatinh a toad/frog i dont know why but partridge go mad for any thing that is in there spase that is edable so i should think they would or it just felt like it and it was differant so he had a try at gobbling it up?

Guest Ditch_Shitter

Quite honestly; Rather than stand there snapping shots, I'd have simply taken the toad off the duck.

Anyway, the toad appears alive in most of those shots. Did ye actually witness the duck swallowing the toad?

Quite honestly; Rather than stand there snapping shots, I'd have simply taken the toad off the duck.

Anyway, the toad appears alive in most of those shots. Did ye actually witness the duck swallowing the toad?

Believe me it was dead, I would have taken it from the duck if it were alive....

It didn't swallow the toad, tried it's damndest but couldn't ..................

Believe me it was dead, I would have taken it from the duck if it were alive....

It didn't swallow the toad, tried it's damndest but couldn't ..................

Good pics jack, what camera do you use.

Its pretty obvious what happened here .The duck came across this fella struggling in deep water and to help him out he 'toad' it to the other side . :clapper: Or -Opportunity mate ,plain and simple .I kept fancy pheasants in an avary once and was surprised one day ,to watch a golden pheasant hen chase ,catch and eat a full grown woodmouse that was in the feeder .Mouse was still wriggling in the birds crop . :blink:

THATS just what i was thinking.

Each year we find a bloody pile of dead and parlysed toads. Could this be ducks that are doing it?