Peregrine Tiercel

jasper65

With all the excitement about Imprints lately I thought I would show you one one of mine! Not for flying mind you :angel:.

Its one of two Kept back from the old pair of good gennuine pure blood Peregrines a couple of years back. He's been in his aviary now nearly a couple of weeks and already Chupping and toe picking at me which is nice to see, obviousley the plan is to get some Semen off him and his Brother and see how things go with the females....

Jasper

post-251-1202648124_thumb.jpg

post-251-1202648138_thumb.jpg

post-251-1202648154_thumb.jpg

post-251-1202648180_thumb.jpg

post-251-1202648280_thumb.jpg

The Father Chris is a Male I had off Mark Robb in 94 paired to a old 1991 Ray Turner female. sadly the female has now died end of last year but the pair threw some cracking straight Peregrines. thankfully I have just paired the old male again with a 5 year old Gary Wall female belong to a mate on a 50/50 share agreement...

This is a female also from the old pair which I kept back on the missus fist, she was certainly a lump too! I only wish I had kept a few more now...

ATB

Tony

post-251-1202664614_thumb.jpg

I was just thinking just out of interest how much semen would you expect from a male could you take semen from him once a day, once a week and how long does the semen last for, what temperature, ect never had anything to do with AI or taking semen :hmm:

cheers tony, what weight was the female?

chris.

Hello Chris

She hovers around the 2lb 9 to 2lb 11 mark. when she is coming into Breeding condition she piles it on and probably then its when she hits the top, but on the Weathering ledge she stabilizers around the 2lb 9 mark, the missus on the other hand Hovers around the 18 stone mark :whistling: ....

I wasn't over famillar with the Ray Turner lines but the Mark Robb lines speak for themselves! he always has and still does outstanding birds....

ATB

Jasper

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
With all the excitement about Imprints lately I thought I would show you one one of mine! Not for flying mind you :angel:.

Its one of two Kept back from the old pair of good gennuine pure blood Peregrines a couple of years back. He's been in his aviary now nearly a couple of weeks and already Chupping and toe picking at me which is nice to see, obviousley the plan is to get some Semen off him and his Brother and see how things go with the females....

Jasper

he's a cracker mate :boxing:

A guy called Chris from Halifax bred him Tony..

Another nice pic of him here but I dont often post it as he's sitting on a bowperch lol Now I feel I need to justify myself hehe I was infact moving birds about and just plonked him on it for 5 and took his pic! He has amazing feet

95999f3c.jpg

H elooks a nice bird Kat! what's his fat weight?

To be honest with you i'll have to tell you tomorrow lol Ive not weighed him in ages o/h does him usually and ive not looked at the falcon board!

:oops: Just remembered to add this for you Tony lol...

1.11 fat weight

Edited by Kat