put it in the slow cooker with an onion and a tin of appricots in sirup. cook it over night. the appricots seems to take allot of the streanth out of the meat. try it, most people ive told to try this like it :good:

Jugged Hare

"Jugged" refers to the stoneware jug in which it was cooked. 1 well-hung hare (hung bunch of sweet herbs (parsley, marjoram, for up to a week) savory, thyme, tied with string)

1 teaspoon vinegar

pinch of mace & nutmeg

seasoned flour

2 oz. red currant jelly

oil for frying

5 oz. port or claret

brown (beef) stock

salt & pepper

1 onion studded with cloves

Have hare skinned, cleaned, and neatly jointed, reserving the blood and liver. Mix the blood with the vinegar to prevent it curdling and keep in a cool place. Dust the joints with seasoned flour and fry in oil to a deep golden brown; transfer to a deep oven-proof dish, pour over enough stock to cover, add onion, herbs, mace & nutmeg. Cover with lid, bring to a boil and place in 350 degree oven for 3 hours. Serve garnished with diced, fried liver. Strain the cooking liquid into a pan and reboil. Add jelly and pour a little of the liquid into the blood, stirring until smooth. Blend blood into gravy had heat to thicken, but do not boil; add port or claret, season with salt & pepper, and pour over the meat.

not had it supposed to be very nice

Jugged Hare

"Jugged" refers to the stoneware jug in which it was cooked. 1 well-hung hare (hung bunch of sweet herbs (parsley, marjoram, for up to a week) savory, thyme, tied with string)

1 teaspoon vinegar

pinch of mace & nutmeg

seasoned flour

2 oz. red currant jelly

oil for frying

5 oz. port or claret

brown (beef) stock

salt & pepper

1 onion studded with cloves

Have hare skinned, cleaned, and neatly jointed, reserving the blood and liver. Mix the blood with the vinegar to prevent it curdling and keep in a cool place. Dust the joints with seasoned flour and fry in oil to a deep golden brown; transfer to a deep oven-proof dish, pour over enough stock to cover, add onion, herbs, mace & nutmeg. Cover with lid, bring to a boil and place in 350 degree oven for 3 hours. Serve garnished with diced, fried liver. Strain the cooking liquid into a pan and reboil. Add jelly and pour a little of the liquid into the blood, stirring until smooth. Blend blood into gravy had heat to thicken, but do not boil; add port or claret, season with salt & pepper, and pour over the meat.

not had it supposed to be very nice

:blink::blink::blink: f u c k that i'll just give it to the ferrets and get down the chinky's mate :11: :11: :11: ................. thanks for the recipe though ;)

put it in the slow cooker with an onion and a tin of appricots in sirup. cook it over night. the appricots seems to take allot of the streanth out of the meat. try it, most people ive told to try this like it :good:

tried it [bANNED TEXT] but all that happened was the fking tin got hot dont u think it would be better to open the tin first and empty contents into slow cooker lol :clapper::clapper::haha:

all the best joe :haha:

Guest knocavoeboy

roast him. make a good soup. plenty of veg and lentils. only eaten one once. was good different. had the meat just with some wheaton bred was real nice. hung for a few days too by the neck. an older relative took care of it i just enjoyed.

• 5 months later...
Guest Possilboy

naw mate but seriously thinking of making enquires to local council for a licence to lift road kills in area tp pass on to some of em taxidemous lads me thinks thers a wage in it :D

best hare that ever crossed me lips mate was when i laid hairy mary in the skip and fed upon her and beleive me she been hanging around for some 28yrs and it did her mo harn in fact meat was so juicey even her lips where salivatateing lol

Hare vidaloo.

Ingredients....

1 cup of vinigar.

1 cup of vegetable oil.

1/3 of a jar of PATAKS vindaloo curry paste.

Method......

1/ Chop the hare into 1" cubes.

2/ Put into container with all other ingredients and maranade for 24 hours in the fridge.Stir occassionally.

3/ After 24hours transfer to an oven proof dish.Place in the centre of the oven and cook on 180 or gas mark 4-5 for about two hours stirring regularly.

Serve with rice or chips this a very tastey way of cooking hare.....LOVELY :yes:

• 4 weeks later...
Guest moomin300uk

I am a chef and often cook game at work one tip which is very good for rabbits and hare!!! the game dealer told me this one soaked your rabbits in salt water!! it takes on a fair bit of the salt so go easy when seasoning later this really helps the meat specaialy if she shit bag got burst :sick: :sick: and when hangin hares if you can hang them in the fridge it dont smell half as bad :good: chilli liked your recipe studded onion are you in the cooking game?? or been reading some decent cook books??

Guest midnight_runner

cut away the rib cage cut off the legs, dry them off coat them in seasond flower brown them , then boil them till there half cooked ,take them out dry them off dip them in batter and deep fry them until golden brown