ENGLISH BULL TERRIER

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

13 month old sisters showing a bit of interest around a few holes

will check that out heres my fella, carrying a bit of weight tho around 36kg there

Hello mate dont want to sound rude but the BT in the pic is not of old style (lines) That is a moden day show ring dog. It would probably do well in the show ring but no good out in the field.   T

Posted Images

Hello mate dont want to sound rude but the BT in the pic is not of old style (lines)

That is a moden day show ring dog.

It would probably do well in the show ring but no good out in the field.

This is an old style BT.

You can see which dog looks more capeable.

ellen.jpg

thats what i was talking about what a lovely dog do u no of anyone breeding this type :D:D
  • 3 weeks later...
Hello mate dont want to sound rude but the BT in the pic is not of old style (lines)

This is an old style BT.

ellen.jpg

thats what i was talking about what a lovely dog do u no of anyone breeding this type :D:D

i've just bred a litter (2wk's old yesterday),it's a repeat mating,(bitch above from previous litter).
  • 2 weeks later...

This is an old style BT.

ellen.jpg

i've just bred a litter (2wk's old yesterday),it's a repeat mating,(bitch above from previous litter).

that is the nicest ebt ive seen for years its a credit to you

• 8 months later...

the ridgeback would probably make a good pig dog.light enough,fast enough and certainly game enough for the job.my ex wife breeds them in germany they have 4 bitches who are up for anything.nice dogs.

some very heavy set,i would go for a lighter one myself.

atb

• 1 month later...

Chanuk is dead right, you won't find better than an Ingles Bull Terrier. I own an eleven month old boy, now 22" at the shoulder and 55lbs. He's eight months in my avatar, about 21" and 50lb there. I'm so impressed with him, the best dog I've ever owned and probably the best I will ever own too.

With respect the dog in the first picture is not an old type Bull Terrier at all, a nice show dog but not what I would call a working type. They are often crossed with boxers for boar hunting but Ingles Bulls are athletic enough as they are, as far as I'm aware they've not been used on boar but they have all the attributes to do so. Very much like the Pakistani 'Gull Terr'.

Edited by hogdog

This is an old style BT.

ellen.jpg

Very nice mate, i love the athletic type bull terriers. But why would you say that dog is a more capeable boar dog than the so called show type? I know of a bull terrier that has experiance with boar in this country he is an athletic type and alot heavier than the dog in the picture. This dog is very game and very powerfull. It would not win in a show ring but i would stiil class it as a show type.

I think the dog in the picture would lack power, jaw and body. All the best Chris

i think you're smoking something. the ingles type is hands down better equipped to do the job including power. a roman nose adds NOTHING to the dogs ability. if it did most holding breeds would have it.

No curved profile on the dog i am talking about mate an i have yet to see any dog who will match the working ability of this dog when it comes down to the grit. I have owened the athletic type of bully myself and i am just asking why this type will do the job better.

The dog i am talking about will walk through the fires of hell to work anything that will threaten his life, doesnt seem to suffer from lactic acid like others so stopping is never an option!

first i owe you an apology, i thought you were comparing the sausage in the earlier post. however if i understand you correctly you want to know why the leggy "ingles" type is better than a fit athletic show type. it's the build the show type has a rectanular frame that is long & low even when in good shape. if you're running them loose to find & catch or just to catch what the finder's find then you will need the leg to stay w/ the other dogs and because the longer leg mean's it'll be less winded when it catches the hog. a short heavy but conditioned bully will do just fine the way most american hunt. that is they walk the catchdog in on a lead to where the bay dogs have the hog bayed up, so it only has to run 50 yds at most to catch a hog that isn't running from him. it's like you wouldn't want a dwarf on your pro football team as no matter how much skill or heart he hasn't the tools to compete effectively.