ENGLISH BULL TERRIER

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

13 month old sisters showing a bit of interest around a few holes

will check that out heres my fella, carrying a bit of weight tho around 36kg there

Hello mate dont want to sound rude but the BT in the pic is not of old style (lines) That is a moden day show ring dog. It would probably do well in the show ring but no good out in the field.   T

Posted Images

• 1 month later...

In my experience NO! not like other terriers but great dogs in there own right!

They look like little pigs with teeth and i was very close to getting one just to prove my other half wrong , her family have kept them for generations right back to her great grandfather.

Great dogs, love to eat other dogs, but as a hunting companion ? I would love to see somebody prove me otherwise dear stalking or ratting, rabbiting, anything...

I like these dogs a lot, but there more a dog hunting dog, if your hunting other dogs then get one!!! haha

iv got an ebt here thats about 7 now as a guard dog a big mother f**ker too mind, brilliant with my kids and all my own dogs but a completly different dog at night lets just say he knows his job when the lights go out and the c**t will try kill anything put in front of him i would,nt take diamonds for him best dog in my yard if im being honest,all my terriers have ebt in them and most working type my way have ebt in them must say something for the breed

iv got an ebt here thats about 7 now as a guard dog a big mother f**ker too mind, brilliant with my kids and all my own dogs but a completly different dog at night lets just say he knows his job when the lights go out and the c**t will try kill anything put in front of him i would,nt take diamonds for him best dog in my yard if im being honest,all my terriers have ebt in them and most working type my way have ebt in them must say something for the breed

The Mrs old man still has one, he calls him Bear and it's the biggest i have seen, he really is a big EBT, too big to show, very soft but good god does he take some holding back when he see's anything with fir haha

Have you ever seen the original EBT, it was breaded out by what we have today, if you type it into wiki have a look, cracking looking dog, longer in the leg and shorter in the snout

The Mrs old man still has one, he calls him Bear and it's the biggest i have seen, he really is a big EBT, too big to show, very soft but good god does he take some holding back when he see's anything with fir haha

Have you ever seen the original EBT, it was breaded out by what we have today, if you type it into wiki have a look, cracking looking dog, longer in the leg and shorter in the snout

will check that out heres my fella, carrying a bit of weight tho around 36kg there

post-74903-0-50525400-1424267085.jpg

post-74903-0-38905900-1424267172.jpg

• Like 7
  • 3 months later...

OK...I'll watch this youtube video later. I just want to know where I can easily find good hunting gear.equipment. My friend suggest me that online stores are good for hunting equipment. Shopping online this type of products gives an ability to compare the prices offered by stores on different products.

• 7 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hes a good looking dog mate probly do well in the show ring, my brother used them in the 80's and he would have to lose some condition which he would if worked regularly.

Ive seen the sight with the american guy that uses the EBT and the bred would suit their style of hunting where they lead a bull dog into the bail.

The Aussie exeperance is a bit defferent as we expect our dogs to hunt up to a pig run it down then catch and hold. while there is always the3 exeption the most part the bully in pure form had some draw backs ,dog aggressive, would not let go, a bit slow. They have plenty of attrubutes to bring to the cross breed though, good nose, prey drive, high pain tolerance,

Some common crosses are bully /cattle, bully/boxer, bully/greyhound, and they have played a major roll in the make up of many other aussie pig dogs.

stevemac

I have no clue when it comes to hunting with dogs so would what you are saying about the EBT be the same for a Staffordshire BT. Before anyone starts moaning i am unexperienced in this feild of hunting.

staffs like EBT out here both have there limitations as the main quarry in Aus are pigs. at the moment I have a lurcher with staff blood all be it well back. There was a chap back in the 80,s that hunted them pure and did quite well with them unfortunately while he was cutting fire wood one afternoon they took of on a decent boar that killed them he gave up on the little stafs after that.

• 4 weeks later...

Well I find a guy on the internet that hunted his ebt like I was thinking about he was using a e caller to bring coyote into rang and the dog would take it down and kill it I just wish he had said what kind of rang it needs to be in if any of you all hunt them like this what would you say

I used to hunt pigs with bay dogs and bull dogs the typical way it's done here. I choose now to hunt the finder holder type dogs the way the Aussie guys do cause I like the style a lot better personally.

I was around some bull terriers and small catch dog back when I first started. Some folks really like the small lead in catch dog but I do not and the bull terrier helped me to realize this. The bull terrier I was around caught on the snout. This really caused the boars to fight and thrash much more so than when they were caught on the ear. The bull terrier not being very big could not anchor a pig like this and just made it worse for all others and itself. Big mastiff type dogs catching on the snout will not be slung around and will usually do a good job at anchoring a boar eventhough it's caught on snout. I don't like snout dogs at all but using it as an example. I'd much rather have 1 100 pound dog holding a pig than 2 small bull terriers. The terrier I was around was about 35 to 40 pounds. How can you control a pig and anchor it if you don't have you front feet planted firmly on the ground. You basically just holding on through the punishment dished out by the pig in this case.

Also when used as lead ins, the bay dogs have a lot of times allowed the pig to run to briar thickets or water. Big athletic catch dogs such as a dane x pit always got through the brush quicker and more easily than the small cd's and could touch and manuver in deeper water. It isn't good when the pig can touch bottom and your catch dog can't. Pig will out manuver the swimming dog and punish it good or either stay away from it because the pig can run and the short cd can do nothing but swim.

To hunt their own is not really practical because they lack the speed to run a pig down. Great in crosses though. Steve Mack covered them well on the first page when comparing them to a finder holder /finder lugged dog.