Knife

i have also used a stanly on many ocations i have one in my tools in the van.

got to be honest i think the opinal is wank. the wooden handel swells when wet or in damp conditions and makes it hard to open . also its not stainless so will discolour and rust.

i personly never get expensive knives as i have a habit of lossing them , iusualy pick them up at gamefairs . 2 for a fiver at the midland both were stianless.

the most important thing is keeping it sharp i have found that blade tech tool great its advertiesed in cmw and they have stands at some of the gamefiars cost about a tenner

i got an opinel from one of the game fairs this year. it only looked at blood then rusted. the bladeis verry verry stiff and because of thise i just leave it open in the garage to gut and chop my kills with. ive sparyed oil on and even put 3 in 1 on but still no joy. but then again what do you expect for a fiver.

i got a winchester lock knife when i was in the USA it cost $8 and is fantastic, sharp, stainless, has a thumb knob so can be opened with one hand, and a belt clip, so it can be fastened in your pocket,(the clip is well designed and doesn't get in the way like others i have held with clips) the handle is a wood inlay that is varnished so doesn't absorb wet/blood etc, very sharp and i haven't sharpened it yet and have had it nearly a year, a very well honed and designed blade that holds a sharp edge

I haven't seen anything as cheap and as good in the UK, if you know anyone going to the states on holiday get them to visit walmart and get you one of these from the camping/outdoors section i wish i had bought several of these whilst i was there

Guest pan.handle

don't think you'll go past opinel for value for money, it's very easy to get a good edge..it wont last for ever but what do you expect for about a £10

been using No 10's for yrs, just for gutting I might add....

regards them discolouring does that matter as long as there are sharp??

regards them been difficult to open I thought the idea was to give them a sharp tap on something firm, never had no probs with mine and I've had quite few....

all the best

Pan

don't think you'll go past opinel for value for money, it's very easy to get a good edge..it wont last for ever but what do you expect for about a £10

been using No 10's for yrs, just for gutting I might add....

regards them discolouring does that matter as long as there are sharp??

regards them been difficult to open I thought the idea was to give them a sharp tap on something firm, never had no probs with mine and I've had quite  few....

all the best

Pan

the colour of the blades on my opinels is a right old blackie colour !! still razor sharpe though

http://www.axminster.co.uk/find.asp

£6.45 for a number 6 here