Gos Male And Woodcock

jasper65

I have been waiting for a mate to bring these pic's round since before xmas and finally got them tonight, its a pic of his P/R Finn male which litteraly was only flown for about a week last year and had to be grounded due to work commitments, he did well in the week he was flown and took a couple of Pheasants and nailed this Woodcock and Duck in his last couple of days.

I witnessed the the woodcock being taken! it was a good quick clippy flight and clever how he second guessed it as it rode through the woods left and right! he was deadly with his footing when he snatched it. this bird in his 3rd year has cerainly become very cunning in his pursuit of quarry, they're quick snap camera phone pic's so not perfect....

ATB

Jasper

post-251-1200868469_thumb.jpg

post-251-1200868579_thumb.jpg

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

great stuff there tony, pics are good for a camera phone

:thumbs::victory:

I really struggled getting them on last night mate! first of all he decided to Blue tooth them to my lads phone and install a samsung pc studio disc and It didn't work, the next thing we did was take the Micro SD card out of his phone and fit it in a adaptor to fire the images onto my pictures :hmm:, I won't do all that hassle for a couple of pictures again ;)...

Its a nice Gos though mate and he has certainly learned how to second guess his quarry now he's in his third year. he can sometimes be a little naughty killing out of tree's but some of the flights I and others have witnessed are outstanding....

ATB

Jasper

The good news Millet is Timmy will have alot more time on his hands next season so it will be good to see the bird fly when he's fit again. its a bit sad cause the guy who had that one Andy had for sale has bunged it straight into a Breeding project! this guy has a bit of a reputation of having more males than I care to remember killed by females in breeding chambers :icon_eek:, I hope it don't happen to this male as he was a nice gennuine P/R Gos.

This year mate when some other lads off the forum picks their Gos's up too! we're all going to have a ball :thumbs:...

Jasper

• 2 weeks later...

Heres some pictures of my Male finish Goshawk Sherman Bred by Mick Kane 239 kills

- 2 Wood Pigeons

- 2 Jays

- 11 Various

- 6 Gulls

- 12 Crows

- 8 Rookes

- 61 Magpies

- 49 Phesants

- 58 Jackdoors

- 3 Rabbits

- 17 Grey Partridges

- 10 Red Leg Partridges

Finsh Flying on the 6th of January as he injured his foot.

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

6.JPG

5.JPG

Shermans Kills from a Sunday to the following Sunday

Edited by Sherman

sherman

like the bird pics and fly a male imprint russ/fin bird myself - are u flying the hawk from the car ? thats an impessive bag anyways so well done.

is the hawk an imprint and did it take 239 kils in its first year ?

Is the hawk pariculary big ?

Just interetsed ?

Nice one !!

sherman

like the bird pics and fly a male imprint russ/fin bird myself - are u flying the hawk from the car ? thats an impessive bag anyways so well done.

is the hawk an imprint and did it take 239 kils in its first year ?

Is the hawk pariculary big ?

Just interetsed ?

Nice one !!

Yes he is an imprint, picked him up from "Mick Kane on the 2/6/07 at 14 days, and he never left my side, he came to work every day, and was exposed to every sight and sound, he is bomb proff with every thing nothing upsets him !

all the game birds, some of the various, and the 2 wood pigeons were taken field hawking.

All the rest were out of the "window" even the rabbits !

Allot were "muggins", but he also had sum top class flights, especialy on Magpies, Blackheaded Gulls and crows, crows are the best flights of all when you can find them in the right place !, he had an awesum flight on Carrion Crow the one night, the crow twisting and turn, trying to through him, as it tryed to "rat out" in a factory, he went straight in through the roller shutter doors and killed it inside the factory, infront of the security guard. Another night he caught a crow as it tryed to rat out in a river, i was soaked to the skin getting him back that night.

No he,s not a particular big bird, he started killed at around 1 10 1/4 and went up to 1 12 1/8 when the weather went really cold, his best flying weight at the end of the summer was around 1 10 5/8, and his best weight flying Partridges and Pheasants was around 1 11 1/4, that was straight on the scales with no bells or anything other an jesses and leash, i stopped flying him with bells on, out of the "window", because stuff was getting switched on to him coming !

Field hawking i put bells on with small cable ties, and cut them of after hawking.

On the 22/2/08 he is nine months old.I had to retire him early this season has he injured his foot.

As we speak he is under artificial light, to get him to moult out quicker, so we can start again this year !

I'll never be able to repeat what i did this season, but i'll have a go try !

Guest Scottish Daz
Heres some pictures of my Male finish Goshawk Sherman Bred by Mick Kane 239 kills

- 2 Wood Pigeons

- 2 Jays

- 11 Various

- 6 Gulls

- 12 Crows

- 8 Rookes

- 61 Magpies

- 49 Phesants

- 58 Jackdoors

- 3 Rabbits

- 17 Grey Partridges

- 10 Red Leg Partridges

Finsh Flying on the 6th of January as he injured his foot.

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

6.JPG

5.JPG

Shermans Kills from a Sunday to the following Sunday

Hi sherman

very good total for a young bird, i have booked a PR male from the same breeder, but not sure to go imprint, what advice could you give,

kind regards

A mate of mine took some video clips, i see if i can get him to put them on, i don't need to look at photos or video clips, to remind me of the great fun i had with this hawk, i had killed about 150 head of quarry with him before i had taken i photo, when your driving round looking for flights, and transferring an imprint hawk of kills as smoothly and as slickly as possible, the last thing your thinking about photos, the only thing i'm thinking about is the next flight, i was out every night with this hawk, i coud'nt get a driver, i,d drive and slip myself, i had a industial park were i had permission to clear the gulls.I killed 61 magpies with him, i've got one photo of him on a magpie. You try and get video clips of him on pheasants, when your out hawking on your own, watching to pointers working, and he ends up killing a pheasant 3 fields away. Sum people will look at video clips all day, (armchair hunters) not me i'll rather be out there doing it !

When i went up to Mick Kanes to pick "Sherman" another boy travelled up with me, he bought a Finnish female about the same age, his total kills for the season was 6 kills, it's no good sitting at home watch video clips, you've got to get out there.

Guest Scottish Daz
Aww im a bit gutted now.. :( .. when i first read your post i was over the moon but i see a lot of the flight's where mugging's from a moving vehicle which a good male harris hawk can do.. so it's not that exeptional for a gos ..

Not to worry though the bird is still killing and that's what matter's.. :thumbs: ..

One other thing i noticed what you said.. but im not 100% but are Black Headed Gull's legal quarry.. :hmm: ..

Crack on..

Millet

sherman

welcome to the dark side