best way to catch a pheasant

hi guys I was just trying to think of a way to catch some pheasants, I have a air rifle but I don’t see them on the ground till either Im almost standing on them and they fly off clucking or when I do see one the air rifle is the other side of the field do I was thinking is there any other way of catching them and no shot gun is out the question.

Any suggestions thanks mark

With A Goshawk.... ;)

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

a mate told me raisins as bait or corn and feed a horses hair through it this chokes the pheasant but i think this is more of a poachers way

Sounds about the same as soaking rasins in whiskey and getting the pheasants drunk and picking them up ,but what a waste of whisky unless its a really cheap bottle

hi guys I was just trying to think of a way to catch some pheasants, I have a air rifle but I don’t see them on the ground till either Im almost standing on them and they fly off clucking or when I do see one the air rifle is the other side of the field do I was thinking is there any other way of catching them and no shot gun is out the question.

Why don't you spend your hard earned money on some pheasants of a game farm.

Let some other a#####e take them on you. See how you like it.

A lot of Robin Hood wannabees on here,

when its crimbo my old lady loves a few pheasant the easiest way i've found is to find were theres a few pheasant usually on the lane to the keepers house or anywere theres alot on the road just pull up gun out window and shoot it never fails :drinks:

Guest ragumup

Why don't you spend your hard earned money on some pheasants of a game farm.

Let some other a#####e take them off you. See how you like it.

A lot of Robin Hood wannabees on here,

agree

Lord it's Lazarus .Seem this post has been revived .Pheasant Season 's been over for ages.Let's face it killing pheasants illegally is a pretty skilless and often lazy pastime (hard bit is doing it without anyone knowing)..... Do seem to me that the lad has an airgun and (one assumes )permission ..all that's missing is something he'll not get from reading a computer screen . Good old Fieldcraft!

y dont you just gp beating and get your self some money anda brace of pheasants

Whippeter you might be young but you talk a lot more sence than a lot of the "romantic" experts on here.

Well said, anyone who's taking and not giving in this day and age is a disgrace.

Not JMHO fact.