Paring/butchering knives

Guest MOLLY

Can anyone recommend any good ones...paring knife especially please.

Moll.

Edited to add i mean the long thin knives (think they are paring knives) When i did a google image search paring knives were short thick blades? :blink:

Edited by MOLLY

Brilliant Wink, had a look and the prices are not too bad either. Thank you :good:

Lee, i think i will go for both, i like the paring knife for deer, as it's longer then the boner, but the boner will also come in handy once skinned....thank you loads for you help :thumbs:

Moll.

Guest Ditch_Shitter

:hmm: Without wishing to bend this Thread ~ but recognising that Moll's about sorted from it ..... I use a Victorinox knife as my day to day spud / meat cutter. I asked, in a very professional Caterers Supplies shop, for a good 'Dinner Knife ' and the guy didn't hesitate to swear This was The Knife.

But here's my question; It has a serrated blade. I've never had to dream of sharpening it in years now. How come? What is it with these serrated blade knives that they come like razors, straight out of the box, and seem to stay that way? Could one sharpen one, if the notion ever occurred to try?

Bugged me for some time, this has.