New to trapping

Hi all, a local green keeper has asked me if i can get rid of a mole problem down at his golf course (it's not my shoot but it seem's like a good 'way in') what are the most effective mean's of dealing with them?

any advice appreciated,

cheer's

Martin

• 3 weeks later...

Strychnine is more effective I find but unless your qualified you can't use it.

Gassing is not reccomended unless you have had some form of training.

Traps, I don't use em too time consuming but if I had to then the Barrel trap or a scissor trap.

Dillon

Strychnine is more effective I find but unless your qualified you can't use it.

Gassing is not reccomended unless you have had some form of training.

Traps, I don't use em too time consuming but if I had to then the Barrel trap or a scissor trap.

Dillon

traps are very effective, dillon , if you know what your doing, you better get to know, cos you are gonna be out of work by next september when the strychnine ban comes in.and good riddance to it

save yourself a lot of trouble and lack of permission, go and buy Moleys video, then after a bit o practice, all the moles and permission you can handle.

the perfect gift for yourself, watch it again and again and again

Traps are super effective if you know how to use em and practice.As Moley said,you poison boys will up be the creek without a paddle when Strychnine is banned.

I personally think that Poison isnt any more effective than traps as a good trapper can clear a farm of moles in a fairly short time.But with poison or trapping the moles will move back in which keeps us trappers busy.

The thing is any fool can probe a hole into a run and drop a worm into the tunnel.On the other hand it takes years of practice and dedication to become a top class mole trapper who can take big numbers of moles in a short space of time under any conditions and over any type ground :good:

OOOHH Girls, :kiss: any fool can probe a hole can they, I can also set traps.

Moley Pegandgun , I said in MY opinion I prefer strychnine, not YOUR opinion. <_<

I get rid of moles for free boys helps get permish for other things.

These forums are for all our ideas or so I thought !

Never mind maybe I should buy your video to help me see where I am going wrong :rolleyes:

Guest terrierbullpit

enyone got a cop :guitar: y of moleys vid dvd ! just pm me , thanks , afterrall yer not the be all and end all of mole trapping i sugest you be humble and and eat my pie its coming to that end ...................