Thinking about buying or building a dog pen i ahve around 400 to spend on it what to get it the best i can for the cheapest i can. Not sure if i should build it from breeze blocks with me been a bricklayer or wood and not having a clue lol what do you all think would be the best solution because i dont think i will get dog pen for 3 dogs for 400 anywere unless someone knows of a place which will save all the hassle

Looking forward tot he replys!

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thinking about buying or building a dog pen i ahve around 400 to spend on it what to get it the best i can for the cheapest i can. Not sure if i should build it from breeze blocks with me been a bricklayer or wood and not having a clue lol what do you all think would be the best solution because i dont think i will get dog pen for 3 dogs for 400 anywere unless someone knows of a place which will save all the hassle

look on ebay i brout mine on ther and got 5 dogs in 1 pen only cost 400 quid

:hmm::hmm: Have you got a picture of this pen that you house 5 dogs in??

HOUNDS HAVE BEEN BRED FOR HUNDREDS OF YEARS TO LIVE AND WORK TOGETHER AS A PACK ANIMAL SO THE PACK INSTINCT HAS BEEN KEPT STRONG IN THESE BREEDS THEY HAVE A HEIRARCHEY I THINK THATS HOW YOU SPELL IT WHICH MEANS CERTAIN DOGS WILL BE TOP AND THE OTHERS WILL BE LOWER RANKING. LURCHERS, TERRIERS GUNDOGS DONT HAVE THE SAME PACK INSTINCTS AND IF A FIGHT BREAKS OUT ESPEC BETWEEN DOGS OF DIFFERENT SIZES THE OUTCOME IS USUALLY MORE TRAGIC :thumbdown:

MINE COST 880 WITH 3 DOGS IN IT ARGOS DOES ONE FOR BOUT 400

:hmm::hmm: Have you got a picture of this pen that you house 5 dogs in??

i aint pal but you can see them on ebay.just type in dog runs :tongue2:

i dont think making a kennel out of breez blocks is a good idea ferretuk.

a friend of mine living in wales had a show dog it was an english bull terrier. that won a lot of shows in wales and every country in the uk .england scotland ireland.

a top judge was up his house 1 day and my friend was telling him that he is having trouble keeping weight on the dog. when the judge said what kennel have you got to which he replyed a new block kennel the dog has only been in it for a few month's.the judge said that the dog was using up a lot of energy just keeping warm in the block kennel. and it would be like a fridge in the winter holding all the cold.my friend picked up a sledge hammer there and then and smashed the block kennel to bits and got on the phone and ordered a wood 1.within a few week's the dog had put weight on and kept in on.

go for wood mate :thumbs::thumbs:

edited to add. on a cold frosty morning go out side and feel how much colder a brick or a block is compared to a 2/4 piece of wood the differenc will be plain to see

Edited by king
i dont think making a kennel out of breez blocks is a good idea ferretuk.

a friend of mine living in wales had a show dog it was an english bull terrier. that won a lot of shows in wales and every country in the uk .england scotland ireland.

a top judge was up his house 1 day and my friend was telling him that he is having trouble keeping weight on the dog. when the judge said what kennel have you got to which he replyed a new block kennel the dog has only been in it for a few month's.the judge said that the dog was using up a lot of energy just keeping warm in the block kennel. and it would be like a fridge in the winter holding all the cold.my friend picked up a sledge hammer there and then and smashed the block kennel to bits and got on the phone and ordered a wood 1.within a few week's the dog had put weight on and kept in on.

go for wood mate :thumbs::thumbs:

edited to add. on a cold frosty morning go out side and feel how much colder a brick or a block is compared to a 2/4 piece of wood the differenc will be plain to see

HAD HE NEVER HURD OF A HEATER :wallbash: MINES BRICK BUILT, HEAT LAMP ON THEM 24/7 AT THE MO, SOMTIMES WHEN ITS REAL COLD A PUT THE CONVECTOR HEATER ON