gsp gwp visla

yeah sounds like the dog is very even tempered and and has a good coat that will tidy up the breed down under, i need to check him out in person hence the aussie trip, the norwegian blood he carries is a bonus and he's out of a mustwork bitch fraya. it should compliment my own dogs well as i have danish hunting blood in the wings to go over a bitch pup of his in the future.

3933_922.jpg

i live about two hours noth of new plymouth, a place called kawhia which your mate will have fish around i'm sure.

brilliant [bANNED TEXT] i know the bitch really well,the mustwork strain is an asset to the breed thats for sure,not just because i personally know them but because ive seen the breed they have to perform in the field foremost,les and lisa will be proud to know the line may end up with someone like you [bANNED TEXT],the temprament and coat is second to none something a lot of gwp's lack!!!

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i did enquire to mustwork about semen but they didn't sound interested, so finding this stud in oz was the best, i'm not wasting the fresh blood as it's going over my main bitch and also i may use him over my young bitch pup who is used on pigs/deer alot so the working side is my only reason for breeding on, the aussie owner will be getting a pup shipped over and the mustwork blood will not get used on any new zealand bred gwp's apart from my own line :thumbs:

the gwp in both oz and nz has been bred away from any sort of controlled breeding both in temp/hunting strengths and conformation, there are many different types of gwp downunder some good,some awesome and alot that are just nut cases, the fact that most are related in some way makes trying to bred a correct one with a good working temp even harder, like pigdog breeding, breeding good worker to good worker is how the gwp became the allrounder it is.

the coat is important as there are certain rules a breeder must follow when breeding in it's homeland, incorrect coats,conformation or average hunting abilitiy will not be bred on in germany the standards are very high and all dogs are tested before being allowed to breed, you can look up the german way of breeding by typing in drathaar into google.

the biggest fault we have down under is temparment and the coat, the coat is suppose to be wire not wool.

show breeders have kept the coat correct for years but the they don't breed for work, alot of hunting litters that are bred for work have incorrect coats and shady temps. in nz we have started natural ability hunt testing similar to the german methods so we are fixing the working temp side slowly getting the coat sorted is being done at the same time.

the gwp as a breed is pretty new and similar to a well bred pigdog,a good balance of various breed to create a purpose bred hound.of the four breeds used in it's makeup the breed still needs careful selection with breeding stock as throw backs keep popping up hence the wooly coated gwp's..........shit i hope that made sence mate :icon_eek:

Cheers Kiwi, I am not overly concerned on what the show people say about the coat, although I might not be quiet understanding about what you mean in regards to the coat, the main issue I have is that a lot of people say they are dog aggressive, now I have spent years getting this attitude out of my line of pigdogs, so I am not going back to it.

I have been speaking to a few Sambar lads about the breed and have found a few of them that will likely have litters on the ground later in the year. These dogs are solely used for hunting and not showing and perform flawlessly, though some are dog aggressive.

Are the real hairy jobs you see not correct in their coat? I have looked at GSP's but they all seem to be neurotic, to say the least.

Thanks for your time.

PS Kiwi are the recent pics on Ozdeer yours?

Edited by FJager

Great posts kiwi,just thinking tho,the dog must be out of taz or misty...fraya's never had pups as far as i recal,i know the bitch well les lives about 12 mile from me and im there at least twice a week,dogging in hunting or just yakking over tea and grub lol...

anyhow anything you need to do or ask let me know [bANNED TEXT],i cud try and ask about semen as well see what they say,its not something theyve ever done before,i know lisa might think about it now,they have a really smart wiggmansburg dog(two)altho the pup does lack in coat a little.....

interesting reading [bANNED TEXT] good posts!!!

what are the chances this uk dog came from the same sire as the mustwork lines and to a bitch called fraya but not the same fraya as mustworks bitch....the dam of the sire is from bareve lines, i think mustworks fraya is from kimmax lines :icon_eek:

yeah they are my dogs on the ozzie site.

in your post you have identified the end results of uncontrolled breeding mate, the gsp used to be stable and of a very high working standard both in oz and nz, due to it's popularity it got the arse bred out of it by hunters cashing in and breeding cheaper versions, i don't like using the term backyard breeding but.... :angel:

i'm not a show breeder,just a pighunter at heart but i'm not blind to see the damage done long term to solid breeds like the gsp/wiems when joe bloggs starts cashing in, the show crowd are at the other extreme breeding dogs that look correct but have empty spaces between the ears, a happy medium is the hunting kennel sadly they are few in number but they are there if you look hard enough :thumbs:

the aggression problem like the wooly coats would be identified and bred out of both working kennels and show kennels but not the 'homebred' litters.

the more litters born to substandard stock the worse the breed will be in the future.

like ya say it takes time to correct problems like agression in dogs through breeding, but it only takes a few bad mixes to stuff up the good work already done.

Kiwi, I am very interested to maybe get your advice on some dogs I am looking at, as to whether they measure up to the correct standard, I am in no hurry to purchase a pup as I want exactly the right dog for the right job and I will not be rushing into the first thing that comes along and would be greatly appreciative of your advice.

Those pics on Ozdeer are crackers mate.

what are the chances this uk dog came from the same sire as the mustwork lines and to a bitch called fraya but not the same fraya as mustworks bitch....the dam of the sire is from bareve lines, i think mustworks fraya is from kimmax lines :icon_eek:

guess there are chances without digging deeper although mustwork have only recently started the mustwork studs,the two dogs they have at present arent even mustwork theyre wiggmansburg,they do a little with bareve so its possible if it were vizslas i cud answer you but im not into the gwp in the same way as you or les n lisa,if its laid back and has a great nature with good drive to work chances are its a mustwork,looking at the pic you showed me its def a mustwork,if its a mustwork dam then the dam is misty or taz,as far as i know there is no mustwork sire who could have produced a pup of that age so far.....dont quote me on that tho i cud be wrong..... :thumbs:

Sire : BIS SH CH midtlias c-hagar the horrible (imp nor)

Dam : hapsberg aphrodite,grandmother is bareve bred.

here are the parents gary.

no worries fjager be happy to help....you are wise to do your homework and not to rush in. :thumbs:

no worries fjager be happy to help....you are wise to do your homework and not to rush in. :thumbs:

the father i know kiwi,belongs to a lad called peter the mother im not sure about alothought the sire is linked to the mustwork kennels,the bitch i wouldnt know its possibly misty,though im not a 100%

the father i know kiwi,belongs to a lad called peter the mother im not sure about alothought the sire is linked to the mustwork kennels,the bitch i wouldnt know its possibly misty,though im not a 100%

Gary the Hapsberg affix is Clare and Lee sharp.. she was Wassetwire with her late husband Nigel. They have close lines that both go back to Dianas early stock. The sire did well in the show ring and I stood behind them many times lol

• 1 month later...
to a bitch called fraya but not the same fraya as mustworks bitch....the dam of the sire is from bareve lines,

Hi! Just joined :)

Found this thread interesting. The Bareve bitch in the pedigree is Bareve Burundi isn't it?? There might be a Hapsberg Aphrodite in there too??

Claire

• 1 year later...