gsp gwp visla

got a gsp that i plan on getting rid of hes over active and hunts to far away hes also way to noisey in the bush he's a great ferreter and unreal in the black berries and goes hard on fox and cat he's also a good retriever on duck but is way to over excited hes found many deer when hunting with the hounds but has only had to shot over him he's 3 years old and makes a better lurcher then a gundoghe's extremly obidient but only when you get very loud and only within 100 meters of you although he hunts great next to a ute but im a walking bloke im not interested in the breed anymore and am wanting a proper gun dog im thinking gwp or visla iv heard good reports from both but excelent ones from the gwp's basicaly i want a dog thats obidient and game on fox but im not to worried as my stags a single handed dog but i want it to work with the ferrets and enjoy retrieving shot ducks in the middel of dams it has to be above all else a good deer dog and hopfully work cover well i need advice anything will do experience prefered but any and everything will help

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

got a gsp that i plan on getting rid of hes over active and hunts to far away hes also way to noisey in the bush he's a great ferreter and unreal in the black berries and goes hard on fox and cat he's also a good retriever on duck but is way to over excited hes found many deer when hunting with the hounds but has only had to shot over him he's 3 years old and makes a better lurcher then a gundoghe's extremly obidient but only when you get very loud and only within 100 meters of you although he hunts great next to a ute but im a walking bloke im not interested in the breed anymore and am wanting a proper gun dog im thinking gwp or visla iv heard good reports from both but excelent ones from the gwp's basicaly i want a dog thats obidient and game on fox but im not to worried as my stags a single handed dog but i want it to work with the ferrets and enjoy retrieving shot ducks in the middel of dams it has to be above all else a good deer dog and hopfully work cover well i need advice anything will do experience prefered but any and everything will help

You require a labvizpatridgeador x quite hard to get but bang on mate

Regards Steve

Edited by k9wpg
sounds about right, ill make it simpler what are gwp's like as dogs

Ok

i will tell you how it is

GWP can be quite hard make good deer dogs

Visla quite sensitive need to train with compassion

Wierhaired Visla also sensitive mine is 4yrs now good allround gundog and great for falconry

GSP the easyest to train

not sure what you want from your message do you want a gundog to catch foxes or what would never let my dog anywhere near a fox is that not what lurchers were for

Bob

post-13133-1199772497_thumb.jpg

Edited by bobandfin

a gwp mate....... 8)

shop around and find one from a good breeder, [bANNED TEXT] part of oz are you?

forget the vizsla they are marshmellows.

sadly the gsp has gone backwards in nz and oz, there are not many easy going ones around,most need oil due to the whining and are very hypo.

sounds about right, ill make it simpler what are gwp's like as dogs

Ok

i will tell you how it is

GWP can be quite hard make good deer dogs

Visla quite sensitive need to train with compassion

Wierhaired Visla also sensitive mine is 4yrs now good allround gundog and great for falconry

GSP the easyest to train

not sure what you want from your message do you want a gundog to catch foxes or what would never let my dog anywhere near a fox is that not what lurchers were for

Bob

post-13133-1199772497_thumb.jpg

What a cracking looking dog..Is he kenneled or does he live in ..Whats his retrieving and handling Like..Does he work on water and does he dry off quick?

a gwp mate....... 8)

shop around and find one from a good breeder, [bANNED TEXT] part of oz are you?

forget the vizsla they are marshmellows.

sadly the gsp has gone backwards in nz and oz, there are not many easy going ones around,most need oil due to the whining and are very hypo.

marshmallows???? watch it now kiwi!!! :gunsmilie: lol

the gwp is the dog you want [bANNED TEXT] the vizsla is not a fox dog!!!

there are a few breeders in melbourne, i'm sending some of my line over there in the future to a breeder to supply working stock to the deerstalkers, there is a very good dog from garypco's mates mustwork kennel as well which i have seen a young dog at the natural ability tests and i was impressed with his easy going nature, i can give you some contacts if you want, there's a breeder in brisbane might be a good to get a pup from her as she has a recent american import that is graded master hunter.

ya from what iv heard from alot of hound hunters and stalkers is that there also keen to sort of get there hands on a good gwp pup because there all sick of the ever outgoing gsp' s ya aslong as they work there dogs abit id be more then happy to get those contacts off you i remember seeing your dogs in a pervious post and they looked good so if you vouch for the breeder id happyily look in to it further and past the numbers around

• 2 weeks later...
there are a few breeders in melbourne, i'm sending some of my line over there in the future to a breeder to supply working stock to the deerstalkers, there is a very good dog from garypco's mates mustwork kennel as well which i have seen a young dog at the natural ability tests and i was impressed with his easy going nature, i can give you some contacts if you want, there's a breeder in brisbane might be a good to get a pup from her as she has a recent american import that is graded master hunter.

out of interest kiwi where did you see the mustwork pup?

the pup was imported from aussie and i seen the pup at a natural ability test here in nz. it was sired by the same bloodlines as mustwork. i'm off to oz to veiw the sire in a month or so. prince of geats to wittekinde.

time really is not important allgame so long as you give the pup a chance to grow into the job.

tidy [bANNED TEXT],the line really have a cool head,very birdy also.... nice to know theyre getting about [bANNED TEXT],out of interest what part are you my best friend lives nz now,newplymouth at the mo,hes an offshore fisherman been over for a couple o months he goes back today left last night so shud be about home now! :victory:

yeah sounds like the dog is very even tempered and and has a good coat that will tidy up the breed down under, i need to check him out in person hence the aussie trip, the norwegian blood he carries is a bonus and he's out of a mustwork bitch fraya. it should compliment my own dogs well as i have danish hunting blood in the wings to go over a bitch pup of his in the future.

3933_922.jpg

i live about two hours noth of new plymouth, a place called kawhia which your mate will have fish around i'm sure.