Out for a bit today

Went to a permission today that iv not been to for a good while, seen a good few young rabbits about, i left the small ones alone and managed to get 1 adult 1 big youngster and a woody, the new gun is shooting perfect now, really happy with it.

20180524_114210.jpg

• Like 6

Good shooting. A pal has an HW100 with the same stock. It’s great, and he’s not worried about scratching it. Mine on the other hand, has a lovely bit of figured walnut and I’m frightened of marking it. As such, I don’t know which I prefer. It’s a conundrum.

• Like 1

I know what you mean mate, i dont look after mine that well, i rest them on walls fences gates and they dont look new for long, its a shame to scratch and dint a nice wooden stock but not so bad to do it to this one

32 minutes ago, si brown said:

nice one bn.... your rifle would of been under water if you put it down like that a few weeks ago!

far better weather for getting out now?

hows your mate getting on with the Brocock?!

Cheers si, i know mate it nice weather now,  (for now) yes my mate is loving the brocock, he'l be coming out regular with me soon just a bit ocupied with other things at the mo.

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, big napper said:

Cheers si, i know mate it nice weather now,  (for now) yes my mate is loving the brocock, he'l be coming out regular with me soon just a bit ocupied with other things at the mo.

good? 

Its nice to have the balance of time on your own and with a mate while out!

is your mate new to this or has he been doing it for a while?!

• Like 1
3 hours ago, big napper said:

I know what you mean mate, i dont look after mine that well, i rest them on walls fences gates and they dont look new for long, its a shame to scratch and dint a nice wooden stock but not so bad to do it to this one

Nothing wrong with a scratch or a dent on a nice bit of walnut :D

atvbjimmy:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

• Haha 1
42 minutes ago, si brown said:

good? 

Its nice to have the balance of time on your own and with a mate while out!

is your mate new to this or has he been doing it for a while?!

A few of us used to go shooting and ferreting years ago, he packed it in and i kept at it, i asked him if he wanted a day out a few months ago and he loved it so he got a hw springer then got the brocock from me so looks like he'l be going a bit more often now.

• Like 2
13 minutes ago, bigmac 97kt said:

Nothing wrong with a scratch or a dent on a nice bit of walnut :D

Its ok for you saying that mac youd strip it sand it and have it looking better than a new one in a day, iv no chance of doing that pal.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, big napper said:

Its ok for you saying that mac youd strip it sand it and have it looking better than a new one in a day, iv no chance of doing that pal.

John a walnut stock is the easiest stock to work on mate

its a soft wood and not a lot of sanding is needed

some times 0000 wire wool will remove most marks .

By the way that stock of yours is growing on me

the more i see it the more im liking it

mind it would look ace in black

• Like 1