Yukon Photon or night shot????

Hi lads

Having had my HW100S for a few months now  I really fancied having a go at night shooting rabbits so around a month or so ago I bought an add on nv kit from digital night stalker along with a T20 ir Illuminator and I have to say it is a quality piece of kit and does exactly what i want it to BUT the only downside is that once I’ve finished using it i have to constantly keep refocusing my scope and for obvious reasons it doesn’t fit in my gun slip, so I’m seriously thinking about investing in a dedicated night/day scope probably pre-owned as i believe the photon xt has been discontinued in favour of the rt.

I've had a good search on the “tinternet thingy” and narrowed it down to a couple of possibilities (but any other suggestions are most welcome).

I had been seriously considering the Yukon Photon  xt but recently came across the nightshot nv from nightowl, now I know that the Yukon has got its knockers but then again there are some really good reviews and for a sub 12fpe air rifle I would imagine it to be just the job.

I must admit I do like the idea of thermal but that’s something i might look into further down the line plus at the moment I can’t justify the outlay (maybe when I apply for my FAC next year ?).

Have any of you lads any experience with either and any comments or recommendations on which to go for?

At the moment I’m swaying more towards the photon simply because of the higher magnification, price wise it seems that a second hand photon 6x50 can be had for less than £300 and the nightshot for around £250.

Also which is the better photon, the 6x50  or the 4.6x 42.

Any help or advice is much appreciated,

Cheers

Steve

Just had a quick look at nit owl 3x mag not to good and 4xaa battery don' last long iv had a photon 6.5 xt and you can' go wrong for the price second hand about 300 quid for airgun and beyond ranges and they run off 2 aa baterys get some Duracell duralock rechargeale and they will last at least 5 hours can be a bit awkward to zero due to losing elevation but just shim rear mount or you could always buy a second hand ward 700/800 add on both very good units

Morning lads 

well the bay of evil did me a favour, I won an auction for a Yukon Photon xt 4.6 x 42 nv scope , it came with a Ledray Tracer 400 ir Illuminator, 4xAA Panasonic eneloop pro rechargeable batteries, and a big bonus is it came with the adjustable sports match mounts so hopefully i won’t need to shim it when zeroing ?.

I had a play around with it last night before mounting it to the rifle and very happy I am with it too, just need to get it zeroed and off we go?.

atb

Steve