Fast Dogs for hard ground

The dogs we have here in oz for rabbits are usually super quick dogs with very tough feet to handle the iron hard ground,usually at least 3/4 sight hound.I'm thinking the rabbits here are faster than in the UK,some places more hare like living above ground.Do people think there''s any truth in this or are rabbits the same everywhere.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I was born in a hospital don’t make a fecking doctor though does it ?

Are you talking north or south australia? In britain it's a well known fact than northern rabbits are slower than southern rabbits ?

The truth is the further north the easier the rabbit! By the time you get to Scotland they throw themselves at the feet of anyone wearing camo! That's why they've no rabbits in the Artic....

Posted Images

my guess and its only a guess is it ,s more down to the ground than the rabbit after all the stock you have in oz came from this country we rabbit on softer ground that favour,s the dog that said you get a run on a well kept golf course when there.s been no rain and they take a fair bit of catching

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
31 minutes ago, forest of dean redneck said:

I was watching a Australian wildlife documentry on YouTube last night and had pack of dingoes chasing rabbits was quite interesting.

Wild dogs are bad here atm,some properties have given up breeding lambs,mostly properties that back onto ranges or national parks.

5 minutes ago, Aussie Whip said:

Wild dogs are bad here atm,some properties have given up breeding lambs,mostly properties that back onto ranges or national parks.

Yeah been watching a few , another was on the camels being thinned out,some Arab fella came over an was talking to station owners and a fella who worked in a slaughterhouse.