what country?

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I did perfectly happy residing in the Highlands surrounded by sheer beauty and fishing . camping walking on my doorstep. 

Only two places come to mind, South island New Zealand. For the freedom, unspoilt country and wild basic lifestyle. Same acreage as the UK and barely more than 5% the population! The public lands

I must admit,i have the opportunity and the wherewithal to emigrate but I actually like the UK 

Posted Images

I've been in Barcelona for 7 years.... tbh not sure what I'll decide to do, once my eldest leaves to Uni in a couple of years.

Talked about moving to Austria with my ex, obviously that ain't happening now ?

Truly I have no idea but I will say this. Living abroad in one place for a time, definitely opens your mind to being able to live wherever you fancy ;)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Only two places come to mind,

South island New Zealand. For the freedom, unspoilt country and wild basic lifestyle. Same acreage as the UK and barely more than 5% the population! The public lands and hunting rights are amazing. Tahr hunting in the southern alps (fjiordland) is my dream hunt. Chamois in the foothills. Stags in the bush. Pig hunting with dogs. Duck flighting etc etc. Just looks such an amazing place and is so often on my mind. Literally thinking about the place half hour ago in the gym.

Other place would be Idaho/Wyoming US. Same reasons. Utterly breathtaking country. Similar population density and so freedom. Mountain sheep hunt is another dream hunt. Pronghorn hunting in the plains. And the predator hunting is something that the US would be able to offer. Idaho is the place to be for testing wolf hunting.

I want to at least visit one of those two in the next year to 18 months. Always on my mind. Can't afford either of my dream hunts but if I was resident then they would be a reality.

Edited by Born Hunter
  • Like 5

New zealand or damn pissy wet scotland

been in canada 10 yrs and its wearing thin but better than what i left back in the UK

going by everyones posts on here

i aint moving back anytime soon

while we are on this subject

if you are thinking of moving

DO IT

otherwise you will regret it . Nowt worse going thru life thinking what if we did this or that. Grab your life by the balls and fckn do it

dont start bitchin and whining 

you are the only one who can make it happen

Edited by Ted Newgent
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
6 hours ago, John d said:

the reality is England, for all its vices, is a country of many opportunities

;)

12 minutes ago, Ted Newgent said:

if you are thinking of moving

DO IT

otherwise you will regret it . Nowt worse going thru life thinking what if we did this or that. Grab your life by the balls and fckn do it

dont start bitchin and whining .you are the only one who can make it happen

:thumbs:

23 minutes ago, Ted Newgent said:

been in canada 10 yrs and its wearing thin but better than what i left back in the UK

going by everyones posts on here

i aint moving back anytime soon

You think you will end your time there mate?I think my youngest is heading to Ontario as soon as he graduates,winters are too harsh for me.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, mackem said:

You think you will end your time there mate?I think my youngest is heading to Ontario as soon as he graduates,winters are too harsh for me.

A good covering of goose fat and cling film Mackem and you will be sorted 

• Haha 2