• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Having just got home from a funeral of old teacher, i was wondering if any of you have had good recollections from your past, don't want to know about the bad ones other wise we could be here for eter

Yup witnessed that type of mockery many times wilf Teachers picking out lads and making them the butt  of his jokes. You reminded me about a lad in my class who was obviously poor and wore hand m

That was my experience as well mate, and I was right up for all that. I used to sit next to a really nice lad in English, but he he couldn’t read particularly well and was a bit scruffy......this

my pe teacher was a lovely felleh full of humour and in them days a back hander if you pis,ed around in his lessons done none of uss any harm ,he got me in to boxing I often wondered what become of him ,he was welsh lovely bloke

56 minutes ago, myersbg said:

Having just got home from a funeral of old teacher, i was wondering if any of you have had good recollections from your past, don't want to know about the bad ones other wise we could be here for eternity .

This old boy was something else, first off he could be as tough as they come, hard but fair, he gave up his lunch times to teach me how to cast a fly rod, i would take the ferret to school and spend time in the school wood nailing rabbits then be late back for his woodwork or tech drawing lesson, he would play fck not cause i was late but because i hadn't asked him to go with me.

I have kept in touch with him till this day, he was the world champion goldpanner , he had a gold stake out in the states and even invented a pump for getting the gold from river beds which he could have patented and made a fortune from but just wanted every one else to have one, he never sold a single ounce of his gold.

The list of things this man did was unbelievable, organ player, woodturner, guitar maker, beekeeper, fisherman , the list could go on and on, ha had been a fantastic cross country runner in his hay day racing against Brasher and Bannister sometimes beating them both.

He lost his wife 5 yrs ago after a long illness nursing her all through it and refusing to let her go in a home, ater that he was struck down with some lung disease [ said to me the fags had finally caught up with him] , it was sad to go to his home and see him with the oxy tanks and mask but he had made some home made extensions to the pipes so as he coud still get to his bees and his shed.

I will miss George Alfred Henderson,  rest in peace old lad.  

My school days were,nt that great and I could not wait to leave buts it's nice to have an inspirational figure like that in your life and hopefully the lessons in life he taught you, you will teach to someone in your life and that's how inspirational people live on after death, FairPlay to you as well for playing your part and not forgetting who was there for you I expect it meant a lot to him at the end, nice to hear 

• Like 1

Never got to know much about the personal life of my teachers except that my History teacher wrote books on the IRA.

But I do remember their nicknames, Droopy, Knacker, TT (Tiny Tits) Smelly Wallace, Hoppy (he had a club foot) and Oscar (the grouch) were a few of them.

In hindsight as kids we were the cruel ones, LOL.

Oh, and a science teacher who's name was Waters so we called her H2O. 

Edited by neil cooney
  • Like 1

Our PE teacher we called 18month he had half an ear. Rugby injury.

Papa to touhk was our Woodwork teacher 

Pardon stringer was the maths teacher

Horse was the technical teacher his second name was Cartwright.

Sex education was cherry blossom 

Although sex education @my school consisted of a mumbled warning about the janitor lol

Metalwork teacher, taught us day 1 the importance of not "banging" the faces of two ball pein hammers together at bollock height (think shrapnel).

Technical Graphics teacher, for his wit, patience, dedication - Just a sound fella, even if he did drive a Lada.

We  had a French teacher, Mr Terris, an irish lad, he would take us out canoeing at weekends, with his brothers springer swimming alongside us,  get us out into the country whenever he could, all in his own time, a real gent.

11 hours ago, scothunter said:

Our PE teacher we called 18month he had half an ear. Rugby injury.

Papa to touhk was our Woodwork teacher 

Pardon stringer was the maths teacher

Horse was the technical teacher his second name was Cartwright.

Sex education was cherry blossom 

Although sex education @my school consisted of a mumbled warning about the janitor lol

An ear and a half is 18 month half an ear is only 6 months, should have payed more attention at school ??

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

My French teacher was a right little fox, Miss Price mmmmm.......

Can't beleive i knocked one off under my Rockport coat in class over her as she flaunted her curves. 

Edited by Kerny92

Had a pottery teacher called Mr Hadlow in our school, used to love his lessons. All practical work and you'd get him talking about fishing, ferreting or air guns and the lessons would fly by. Start of the class he'd choose a few lads to soften the bags of clay in sealed plastic  bags the class would be using that lesson and he'd encourage you to be as violent as possible with them, punch them, chuck them on the floor, etc. My turn I thought I'd be a smart arse and tried pile driving one into the deck WWE style.. (Still WWF back then! :D) I only popped the seam of my school trousers from the bottom of the flies right up to the waistline at the back! :laugh: Wouldn't have been so bad but I had bright red boxers on underneath! :laugh:

The one that I remember is a little old Scottish chap called Mr Semple - he was my form tutor and my English teacher in my first year at secondary school.

If the truth be told, I was such a little c**t at that time that, he would've been well within his rights to write me off but, he never did.

....... He hung in there with me, despite the amount of chairs and tables that I threw around classrooms.

Whenever I got suspended, he always gave a lift home - he was always trying to learn Russian with a tape in his car.

His wife passed maybe 20yrs ago now, he followed about a month after.

I'll never forget all of the help and chances he gave me.

RIP Allan Semple.

• Like 4

Red boxers are all the trend now malt lol

Well going by the amount of c**ts you see with there waistband half way down Thier arse showing off there £20 boxers. 

They look ridiculous but hey I suppose our attire looked ridiculous to some back in the day. 

Seems every lad these days has to show the brand of his underwear.

• Haha 1
12 minutes ago, scothunter said:

Red boxers are all the trend now malt lol

Well going by the amount of c**ts you see with there waistband half way down Thier arse showing off there £20 boxers. 

They look ridiculous but hey I suppose our attire looked ridiculous to some back in the day. 

Seems every lad these days has to show the brand of his underwear.

Wtf are you doing looking at young Boy's underwear.

• Haha 1