Never ending queue

9 minutes ago, Arry said:

Whats that a sole with a bass on top? what ever its looks very nice. At the BBQ the other night had a ice cold Crabbie's Ginger beer for a change very refreshing bought a few more now.

Cheers Arry

Think it might be a plaice and a Dover sole ?  done a  lamb rack on the bbq other wk  good gear with beer ?  didn’t take long maybe 15 min cooking and ten wrapped in foil 

14CAC0F2-9DEC-4437-81F9-BEC7E640AA28.jpeg

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Up in the high twenty’s still trying out different dishes and working out wat goes with wat heat wise an trying new flavours beer and wine am none the wiser but it’s fun trying lol 

The added bonus of charcoal is it takes 4 beers from the the lighting to the whiting of coals  it’s a yardstick that goes with the flow 

When it hits triple digits here it's too hot to use the oven inside. The heat warms the house and its a constant fight between that and the air conditioning. When it hits harsh negatives in the winter

Posted Images

21 hours ago, green lurchers said:

E5B7FE5A-AFAC-4C14-AD72-C06ECFE6D50E.jpeg

" I  don't suppose that there might be a sausage going spare is there dad ? I've been a good dog.

21 hours ago, green lurchers said:

• Haha 1
21 minutes ago, mattyg said:

No need for this!!!!!! I’m f***ing starving!!!!!!! Can someone ban him from adding pics of food until he sends me chillis?

Haha Matt got some serious chillis this year can’t wait for harvest , the Borg 9 chilli will be on its way to you ?

• Like 1
4 hours ago, robertb123 said:

Good to see a charcoal barbecue ?, can't understand why people use gas ones, you might s well use a stove!

We've been using gas BBQ's for about 15 years now, got p1ssed off with the clean up of the charcoal ones. Ours gets used about 4-5 times per week, even in the winter as it's under cover. 

You still get the BBQ taste with the gas as the fats drip onto the heat diffuser and instantly combusts, thus imparting the flavour to whatever is cooking. It's situated about 12 feet from the oven in the kitchen, but again, there's the clean up of the oven etc. Much easier to to fire up the BBQ, cleaning consists of just a couple of strokes of the wire brush. You don't have to wait 45 minutes or so for the coals to grey down, it's instant. My old girl loves using it.

The only drawback I can see is that you can't throw wood-chips onto the gas, but then again, I have a homemade smoker right next to the BBQ (gas powered), which I can smoke white oak planings with, adding any herbs or flavourings to the oak.

Had a cheapo gas one initially just to see if I got on with it, burners rusted out after 2 years though. Went to Aussie and saw how clean and easy my son's 4 burner gas one was and that's the type I got when we returned home. After 12 years the cast iron burners rusted and started to de-laminate and cause inconsistencies with the flame so I have recently replaced the burners with stainless steel ones.

• Like 3

When it hits triple digits here it's too hot to use the oven inside. The heat warms the house and its a constant fight between that and the air conditioning. When it hits harsh negatives in the winter it's nice to stand around the fire. We'll grill at least 4 days a week.

Cast iron will rust if you don't season it. After every grill, I'll season. I have a can of bacon grease in the fridge and I'll slather it on the grill plates while it's cooling down. Even here where the climate is desert any moisture will get at the iron. Anywhere like Blighty or Aus, the problem gets more urgent the closer you get to the sea.

My grill uses only lump wood charcoal. I don't mind the clean up because of its versatility and when you've done it a few times it takes minutes. I prefer the charcoal but if you're out grilling it doesn't really matter. It's like the .177 - .22 debate. Just get out and cook!

• Like 3
48 minutes ago, ChrisJones said:

When it hits triple digits here it's too hot to use the oven inside. The heat warms the house and its a constant fight between that and the air conditioning. When it hits harsh negatives in the winter it's nice to stand around the fire. We'll grill at least 4 days a week.

Cast iron will rust if you don't season it. After every grill, I'll season. I have a can of bacon grease in the fridge and I'll slather it on the grill plates while it's cooling down. Even here where the climate is desert any moisture will get at the iron. Anywhere like Blighty or Aus, the problem gets more urgent the closer you get to the sea.

My grill uses only lump wood charcoal. I don't mind the clean up because of its versatility and when you've done it a few times it takes minutes. I prefer the charcoal but if you're out grilling it doesn't really matter. It's like the .177 - .22 debate. Just get out and cook!

But are you not shitting it now in case the smoke from the grill that has 15lb of ribs on it kills you mate? ? 

• Haha 2
19 hours ago, green lurchers said:

Haha Matt got some serious chillis this year can’t wait for harvest , the Borg 9 chilli will be on its way to you ?

I’ll be sure to do a filmed review!!!!!

• Haha 1

ffs...gl you've done it again!

now ive got a right dilemma me old bbq is rusty as feck so I need a new one!

ive always used charcoal as im a bloke and love setting stuff on fire but when I go see my old man I use his which is gas and a pice of pi55 to control?

like you said you can get in the beer zone waiting for the coals to hit the right temp..aghhh looks like ill have to flip a coin in the shop!!

went out and shot a few pigeons after seeing your posts a few weeks back cos I fancied some proper tasty snap ?

1385509999_7kmHPnAUTUuG9s89NrFDw.thumb.jpg.3738d0fd66af29a27395bb6e93322c45.jpg1089749051_e6hmCSTC2vAfUAeYpHgA.thumb.jpg.adddd7ff3d27bfc23cfa3ccd81bbc4a4.jpg

ill have to go out Sunday morning now and see if I can get a few rabbits  for a get the mates round and get w@nkerd in the garden session!

keep you exploits coming?

• Haha 1
11 hours ago, si brown said:

ffs...gl you've done it again!

now ive got a right dilemma me old bbq is rusty as feck so I need a new one!

ive always used charcoal as im a bloke and love setting stuff on fire but when I go see my old man I use his which is gas and a pice of pi55 to control?

like you said you can get in the beer zone waiting for the coals to hit the right temp..aghhh looks like ill have to flip a coin in the shop!!

went out and shot a few pigeons after seeing your posts a few weeks back cos I fancied some proper tasty snap ?

1385509999_7kmHPnAUTUuG9s89NrFDw.thumb.jpg.3738d0fd66af29a27395bb6e93322c45.jpg1089749051_e6hmCSTC2vAfUAeYpHgA.thumb.jpg.adddd7ff3d27bfc23cfa3ccd81bbc4a4.jpg

ill have to go out Sunday morning now and see if I can get a few rabbits  for a get the mates round and get w@nkerd in the garden session!

keep you exploits coming?

Cheers Looks nice bit of fodder ther bud I love pidge Breast but I not the best at cooking it tbh , just done a pollack n tater curry with salmon soy chilli skewers 2 beers and s bottle of wine start to finish lol 

67DF5B3B-F642-4E6B-B34C-FAF33B55B911.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
57 minutes ago, green lurchers said:

Cheers Looks nice bit of fodder ther bud I love pidge Breast but I not the best at cooking it tbh , just done a pollack n tater curry with salmon soy chilli skewers 2 beers and s bottle of wine start to finish lol 

67DF5B3B-F642-4E6B-B34C-FAF33B55B911.jpeg

haha... your a fcuker for torcherin us!!

pollock is a seriously underrated fish,

the cod fishing on my bit of the  coast is crap now but the kelp holds some nice deep red pollock?

thinking about going down the fish pier in the morning and getting some cab and lobster, just had a call form a bloke saying hes over run with rabbits and wood pidgin 

so I'll relive him of a few of each and do a Yorkshire bbq surf n turf on Sunday..

it wont be so heavy on the chillys though!! ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1