My hand engraved Side-lock. A clone of H&H

5 minutes ago, Meece said:

I didn't say or thInk that it was carp but a lot of this is in the mental perception of an item. Del boy would take this piece out on the field and go up to everyone to tell them about how he bought this quality hand crafted best quality item for a tenner from a bloke down the pub. On close inspection you would see that it wasn't the jewel that he thought and that he was a bit of a clown.

Compair the market .... nearly £33 thousand pounds

https://www.guntrader.uk/guns/shotguns/holland-holland/side-by-side/12-gauge/royal-170106110414008

Or for just a little more there is this for £50,000. notice how plain the Henry Atkin is.

https://www.guntrader.uk/guns/shotguns/atkin-henry/side-by-side/12-gauge/spring-opener-171216103006001

Quality isn't connected to how  much Bling is on something.

not to mention he might blow his face off  with no proofing 

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Saw a picture of H&H on internet about 6 months ago, the engraving of that gun just attracted me. So here I gave it a try on a local made side-lock gun. The pixels of that picture wasn't too good.

You did a great job on it....

That is very nice ? 

Posted Images

Well there Is That Aspect. But I have seen a  video of guns being made somewhere up in the Khyber pass area. If you gave them a gun in the morning  they would have a working copy by the end of the day. They go bang but for how long is anyone's guess. It's very clever but its a bit iffy.

• Like 1

Wouldn't It be marvellous if we could just buy and sell anything without hindrance.  I would love to have a go with a Stirling but somewhere along the line a nutter would spoil it for everyone like these nutters that go into work and shoot people that they worked with or go into schools, churches or anywhere and spoil lives.

1 hour ago, mackem said:

I have been to that town quite a few times meece,some of the pieces they turn out are top notch.

In any situation there is a span of quality from dangerous rubbish to the best quality. What I see is a mindset of  Del boy. That a gun or item has been made but instead of taking ownership of it they have attempted to make out it is made by Holland & Holland. If you had made this and it is that good, wouldn't you want your name planted on it ? perhaps a bit of tin foil or a few gold coloured sweet wrappers nailed on the stock would give it that bling factor. 

13 hours ago, Meece said:

This is very pretty work, but why engrave the name of Holland & Holland on it ? the gun wasn't made by Holland & Holland so it is a pretty fake. If the gun is made to a high standard with good quality steel which has been hardened and tempered for the purpose and the gun will stand up to many many years of use firing hundreds of thousand cartridges then why not put the real makers name on it ? If you have engraved it why haven't you signed the work with your own name ? 

I would love to do so,  but here at our end still the colonial mindset flows. Here English guns is still pretty expensive and importing them take loads of money. I mentioned it in the description so no one can get confused. It was made by as per the demand of customer. His order was to make a clone of H&H so I made it so. He also want to enjoy the prestige of heritage gun in quite less amount with facing any hurdles. 

Now coming on the quality of gun, I make ensure that every gun I make I ensure its proofing and durability. I cannot claim that it will be exact as good as H&H but I can ensure you that the gun I make can be a good competitor to the original brand. Here it took me 1month to make this, measureing each and every dimension inch by inch,  from stock to barrel, the quality of steel. 

Again my apologies for inconvenience.

Thank you.

12 hours ago, Meece said:

I didn't say or thInk that it was carp but a lot of this is in the mental perception of an item. Del boy would take this piece out on the field and go up to everyone to tell them about how he bought this quality hand crafted best quality item for a tenner from a bloke down the pub. On close inspection you would see that it wasn't the jewel that he thought and that he was a bit of a clown.

Compair the market .... nearly £33 thousand pounds

https://www.guntrader.uk/guns/shotguns/holland-holland/side-by-side/12-gauge/royal-170106110414008

Or for just a little more there is this for £50,000. notice how plain the Henry Atkin is.

https://www.guntrader.uk/guns/shotguns/atkin-henry/side-by-side/12-gauge/spring-opener-171216103006001

Quality isn't connected to how  much Bling is on something.

Mecce you just post some links which shows the pricing of these guns,  an ordinary gun lover cannot afford these guns as they are very expensive and the engraving price changes according to engraver,  here I can made the same gun the H&H Royal model less than 6000£ It will be exact deto copy, material will be the famous Damascus steel, I bet if anyone in the UK just recognize that it's not H&H you will have your money back plus you will keep the gun as a fine. Here in Our side we had some majestic fingers, From 8 year's we are making Stocks and doing engraving for a UK manufacturer of shotgun and rifle's, I don't want to reveal the name of the company as it will close the door of my business. In UK nowadays the concept of hand engraveing is almost going down  as laser engraving is taking place in the market. Many of the famous gun companies are fooling you as they are out-sourcing their work to us and many others like us. They can get their exact same work in few thousand £ as they would pay a lot in UK for that, so yes they are also looking to save some money as well. Let me attach a picture for as an option

FB_IMG_1524675574331.jpg

• Like 1

Hi Ashfàq. I love your workmanship and the work that you are displaying. I am not having a pop at you personally. What I am Trying to get over is one of mindset. Cost is an issue but why try and pass your work off as that of another ? Manufacturers dont put other people's names on their products. A Ford car is made by And  badged as a Ford as is Toyota or Citroen. If your work is as good as you say it is, then you should be putting your own name to that work and not trying to Palm it off as made by someone else. that is lying, fraud, and deception no matter how good it is or how cheap. It does  not look good on you. Quality is quality, fraud is fraud. All work sold in the U.K. and almost every other country would have to go through the proof house of the country and be registered and stamped up. To sell an unproven part could end up with a serious criminal charge and a crippling civil case in the event of a part failure. I refer to Damascus barrels which almost haven't been used since nitro proof was introduced in about 1904

12 hours ago, Meece said:

Hi Ashfàq. I love your workmanship and the work that you are displaying. I am not having a pop at you personally. What I am Trying to get over is one of mindset. Cost is an issue but why try and pass your work off as that of another ? Manufacturers dont put other people's names on their products. A Ford car is made by And  badged as a Ford as is Toyota or Citroen. If your work is as good as you say it is, then you should be putting your own name to that work and not trying to Palm it off as made by someone else. that is lying, fraud, and deception no matter how good it is or how cheap. It does  not look good on you. Quality is quality, fraud is fraud. All work sold in the U.K. and almost every other country would have to go through the proof house of the country and be registered and stamped up. To sell an unproven part could end up with a serious criminal charge and a crippling civil case in the event of a part failure. I refer to Damascus barrels which almost haven't been used since nitro proof was introduced in about 1904

Well as I mentioned here people love imported weaponry, if I put my name on whatever I make people wouldn't buy it as according to them it's local, they either want foreign made or clones of weapons. I tried it for few times but didn't work for me.

This is a mindset that some have. I have been in many countries that are like this where big flashy bling watches are perceived to give the wearer some sort of comfort and position. If the people want rubbish give it to them. At the end of the day quality is quality and crap Is crap. No doubt the best English gunmakers faced similar problems when they got started. The only true way is truth and honesty and making guns and putting other companies names on them is an untruth and fake. Doing this, waters down the quality and value of your own work. Perhaps you need to find customers who have deeper pockets and more discerning  standards.  I do not mean to be nasty or critical of you or your workmanship but fakes are just that. Fake.

Edited by Meece
6 hours ago, Meece said:

This is a mindset that some have. I have been in many countries that are like this where big flashy bling watches are perceived to give the wearer some sort of comfort and position. If the people want rubbish give it to them. At the end of the day quality is quality and crap Is crap. No doubt the best English gunmakers faced similar problems when they got started. The only true way is truth and honesty and making guns and putting other companies names on them is an untruth and fake. Doing this, waters down the quality and value of your own work. Perhaps you need to find customers who have deeper pockets and more discerning  standards.  I do not mean to be nasty or critical of you or your workmanship but fakes are just that. Fake.

I am agreed to this, I had made an o/u for my self and I called it mine gun. It's just one beautiful gun clean from all that brand names, and I just love it.  Had upload a picture of it somewhere in this forum. 

On ‎26‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 00:20, Ashfaq Shah said:

we are making Stocks

I took this kids pic maybe 1990'ish?Sitting outside his dads workshop polishing stocks,His old man was in the workshop assembling an AK as I went in.

P1030526.JPG

• Like 1