My hand engraved Side-lock. A clone of H&H

Saw a picture of H&H on internet about 6 months ago, the engraving of that gun just attracted me. So here I gave it a try on a local made side-lock gun. The pixels of that picture wasn't too good. Forgive me if I had done some mistakes in this piece.  

Looking forward for your response.

FB_IMG_1526949796566.jpg

FB_IMG_1526949792219.jpg

• Like 5

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Saw a picture of H&H on internet about 6 months ago, the engraving of that gun just attracted me. So here I gave it a try on a local made side-lock gun. The pixels of that picture wasn't too good.

You did a great job on it....

That is very nice ? 

Posted Images

8 hours ago, Ashfaq Shah said:

My apologies, if Its not to according to your standards.

Kind regards. 

Nothing to apologize for AsH 

i would be proud to own that gun with that engraving on it

and it go,s way past my standards

atvbmac:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

8 hours ago, Ashfaq Shah said:

My apologies, if Its not to according to your standards.

Kind regards. 

Sorry Ash if i came across wrong

about your job

iv just had a look at your other thread and saw that it is your job

it was meant to be a complement .

thats what i get for not looking at your first post first

some stunning work you do on guns in the other thread and this one

i wish i could do that .

ONCE AGAIN IM SORRY IF IT CAME ACROSS WRONG

ATVBJIMMY:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

• Like 1
18 hours ago, bigmac 97kt said:

Sorry Ash if i came across wrong

about your job

iv just had a look at your other thread and saw that it is your job

it was meant to be a complement .

thats what i get for not looking at your first post first

some stunning work you do on guns in the other thread and this one

i wish i could do that .

ONCE AGAIN IM SORRY IF IT CAME ACROSS WRONG

ATVBJIMMY:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

No problem you are always welcome. I had worked with, Gavin Gardiner as well through a third party and had done some successful deals with them.  Do let me know if you have any thing regarding engraving. Would be pleasure to help or toil for you.  Thank you 

• Like 1

This is very pretty work, but why engrave the name of Holland & Holland on it ? the gun wasn't made by Holland & Holland so it is a pretty fake. If the gun is made to a high standard with good quality steel which has been hardened and tempered for the purpose and the gun will stand up to many many years of use firing hundreds of thousand cartridges then why not put the real makers name on it ? If you have engraved it why haven't you signed the work with your own name ? 

12 minutes ago, Meece said:

This is very pretty work, but why engrave the name of Holland & Holland on it ? the gun wasn't made by Holland & Holland so it is a pretty fake. If the gun is made to a high standard with good quality steel which has been hardened and tempered for the purpose and the gun will stand up to many many years of use firing hundreds of thousand cartridges then why not put the real makers name on it ? If you have engraved it why haven't you signed the work with your own name ? 

typical of the crap they produce  .bet holland and holland wouldnt be best pleased to see it 

I didn't say or thInk that it was carp but a lot of this is in the mental perception of an item. Del boy would take this piece out on the field and go up to everyone to tell them about how he bought this quality hand crafted best quality item for a tenner from a bloke down the pub. On close inspection you would see that it wasn't the jewel that he thought and that he was a bit of a clown.

Compair the market .... nearly £33 thousand pounds

https://www.guntrader.uk/guns/shotguns/holland-holland/side-by-side/12-gauge/royal-170106110414008

Or for just a little more there is this for £50,000. notice how plain the Henry Atkin is.

https://www.guntrader.uk/guns/shotguns/atkin-henry/side-by-side/12-gauge/spring-opener-171216103006001

Quality isn't connected to how  much Bling is on something.