No more pcp`s only spring rifles with my HW 100`s

I`ll be surprised if I ever buy another pcp lads, I`ll stick with the HW 100`s for sure but that`s it, I think, from now on. :yes:

I last took a spring rifle out on 24th April 2018,  the Pro Sport .177.

IMG_1014.JPG.675e48a78a339745e03ad755bc135c1d.JPG

Since late April it`s been the HW 100 KT .177 .

Not being funny lads but I remember the spring rifle shooting much more than the PCP.

I`m shortly back to spring rifle discipline and practiced again with the new Pro Sport .177. tonight.

You all know my thoughts on the accuracy I`m getting from my T Rex and HW 100`s, so I thought I would test the new Pro Sport from cold, not shot in over a month at 38 yds on a simulated target.

IMG_1050.thumb.JPG.54405e107498bd29098b40921eee64f6.JPG

IMG_1051.thumb.JPG.0e424e3050c57991ecb57db1b89dc9a2.JPG

The TX 200 and Pro Sport rifles match and better any PCP ( for me)

atb  Mark.

• Like 2

as they say any one can shoot a pcp,not many are as good with a spring gun ,if you take a Maggie out at 45 yards with a spring gun it always puts a big smile on your face,lovely rifles the pro sports

• Like 1

I will stick with pcp's not because they are better but more a case of me being worse with a springer..............

I will say that I totally understand where you are coming from regarding a higher level of satisfaction using a springer, I really did when I was using my TX after tuning, bloody fantastic and certainly put a smile on my face when I had produced a good group on the range. The same applied when I was shooting an HW57, bang on pellet on pellet and because it is much lighter than other under lever springer rifles, one WILL sooner or later sit in my cabinet but not for hunting, I will seriously enjoy plinking and range but some fun on the rats.

I think I need a paper round to get a bit more pocket money ............................................... bloody pension ........................................ don't get old boys, what am I talking about, I am still 30 in my head.

Phil

• Like 2

When I get my old .177 Vulcan out, it have a few shots and scratch my head. Have a few more shots and shake my head and wonder, how did I ever manage to shoot so much stuff with this snappy little bone shaker...? I’d never part with it because it holds so many memories. I have a bit of a plink with it now and again, then it goes away again for a well earned rest.?

Much like Rimfireboy above...…….

Whatever floats your boat, I get the Springer out from time to time (I have no desire to get rid of it) but all that does is convince me the PCP is the best thing I ever did air rifle wise!

:thumbs:

• Like 2

Its nice choosing a gun you like but its a pcp for serious rabbit control for me . i gave a boy a good night out on the rabbits and the next day he couldnt lift his arms after shooting 70 odd  never get that problem with my gun 

• Like 1

I had a plink with my 99 last night and no way would I want to be a rabbit to 45yds with my head stuck out!

I put some glass on it and am very pleasantly surprised.

No more dollies for me.

Spring rifles are better for the environment anyway ☺️

• Like 1