Last light buck

Drove to one of my favourite spots yesterday evening for a stalk with George , my son.

Got there at roughly 8 so a slow walk round the boundary . Saw a doe in some long hay grass about 40 m from us and she clocked us same time . We waited for her to calm which she did and spotted a buck same field further out , way further . No way we were getting past the doe but she obliged by going through the hedge into another field . Stalked the buck but he too went through the hedge . Back tracked to the other field and spotted the buck half way out in some dandelion stalks . George carefully closed the distance and shot him off sticks at 165 paces , dead on the spot . Went from there to a place I do the fox control and shot a fox with the night vision 

F2C0FEB7-C102-4CC4-B57A-E821098CF373.jpeg

47E4A29E-A91C-4C85-B9D4-01075632A986.jpeg

CA4DB4F3-2D5D-4985-B356-87FE1AA29A39.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

He' very confident mate .I tried to push things forward a but George said afterwards  the buck was looking too flighty and the range was good .Cant' argue with either .

Matt .I've sorted a patch similar to where we went mate ,though probably see more on the ploughed fields lol,I'll take you there next time you are up lol.

• 3 weeks later...