Few corvids today

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

With all the Hype over the Royal wedding,could think of nothing better than getting out with the .410 Husher today and escaping it all for a while lol.

Just in from a good mornings sport with the Husher! picked 64,guess I shot another dozen on top of that ,they fell into long grass so I left them for Charlie. Running low on 3" carts so was

Had a little go today J ,shot 39 , picked up 35 and a couple of pigeons ..once I had a couple for the ff5’s they pulled them in really well ..The other lad I had out hit 52 ..so wasn’t a bad exercise

Posted Images

Had a little go today J ,shot 39 , picked up 35 and a couple of pigeons ..once I had a couple for the ff5’s they pulled them in really well ..The other lad I had out hit 52 ..so wasn’t a bad exercise in corvid control .The first of the ducks are in so it’s starting to gear up , the crows will be hitting the cover crops , feeders and just about anywhere they can nick an easy meal over the next few months so should be plenty of opportunities..talking of opportunities I must make a mental note not to leave my half eaten cheese roll on the chair while I take a shot , especially when the labrodog is sitting just a few inches away.....never see the going of it ! ! 

E5174C2C-4ADC-4ABC-A005-A24845E4D770.thumb.jpeg.dad8b6f0585acb969c01f3bcf4990bc9.jpeg

• Like 2
On ‎18‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 19:34, Jackdaw said:

Just ambushing them as they came in to the cattle feed (chopped maize)at the farm?and a few deeks out to grab there attention.

I like to stand a couple on the feeder works wonders buddy

On ‎27‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 17:17, sussex said:

Had a little go today J ,shot 39 , picked up 35 and a couple of pigeons ..once I had a couple for the ff5’s they pulled them in really well ..The other lad I had out hit 52 ..so wasn’t a bad exercise in corvid control .The first of the ducks are in so it’s starting to gear up , the crows will be hitting the cover crops , feeders and just about anywhere they can nick an easy meal over the next few months so should be plenty of opportunities..talking of opportunities I must make a mental note not to leave my half eaten cheese roll on the chair while I take a shot , especially when the labrodog is sitting just a few inches away.....never see the going of it ! ! 

E5174C2C-4ADC-4ABC-A005-A24845E4D770.thumb.jpeg.dad8b6f0585acb969c01f3bcf4990bc9.jpeg

sussex have you tried putting a FF5 on the bottem 1/2 of a hidepole .a bit of tape to stop it spinning round the wrong way

49 minutes ago, leslie harold gedge said:

sussex have you tried putting a FF5 on the bottem 1/2 of a hidepole .a bit of tape to stop it spinning round the wrong way

Yes mate I have when shooting the cover crops , it worked well .Havnt tried it on grass or flat crops ..I’ll give it a try this weekend 

• Like 1
9 hours ago, leslie harold gedge said:

Yes les I also do that,I have a Full body crow decoy and I've put a strong magnet in the foot plate so he sticks to feeders,trailers,pig arcs etc,I've  called him Jack B****** lol,because when his mates come to chat they get shot lol 

• Like 1