Feeding Rabbits to my pups

Newbie on here & im just wondering how best to feed the rabbits i shoot with my air rifle to my 5 month old lurcher pups ? After ive froze them for 2 weeks, is it best to mince the carcass or just chop them up into chunks for the pups. They have no problem with chicken wings, feet & carcasses but the rabbit bones seem a lot smaller & sharper. Any thoughts. Thanks all.

It really is each to their own when feeding a dog, the small bones will not be a problem just as long as theyre not cooked. My AB gets minced whole prey pheasent now and again feathers and all. If youre concerned about the bones then mince them until he gets older, but thats my opinion ?

I do the 2 weeks freeze then half, quarter or whole with some of the skin on and heads,no need to cut up into bits with pups of any age.They know how to deal with it.Best calcium source.I like to take some of the skin off with winter rabbits.

Edited by Aussie Whip
  • 1 year later...
On 21/05/2018 at 04:38, Aussie Whip said:

I do the 2 weeks freeze then half, quarter or whole with some of the skin on and heads,no need to cut up into bits with pups of any age.They know how to deal with it.Best calcium source.I like to take some of the skin off with winter rabbits.

They reckon rabbit fed whole (skin and all) is great for dogs and reduces the need for wormer.